PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

General offensive strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tb12goesinya

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I expect this defense to be the best in the league, and I expect this team to be as dominant as they've been since 2007(no team will ever again be that dominant).

Traditionaly one would think about "protecting the QB" run more, less tight ends routes etc etc. I'm not sure this really applies to NEP though. The intelligence and awareness of Brady coupled with the outlets of White and company I'm just not so sure the risk goes up to any significant level. Obviously this is predicated on a sound Oline.

I do believe Pats will be top 3 in rush attempts. But I think their pass game will actually be counterintuitive to the score. If Pats are down in 4th quarter, I can see Belichick wanting run heavy to galvanize Oline and because that is the time when the pass rush is most fierce(I don't see that being the case too often though)

It'll be interesting to see if they throttle Brady in regular season, if at all, when down in the 4q

I expect the OP is expecting and it's just the hormones.

The point is that this is uncharted waters. The most valuable player, a 42 year old QB at the helm of a super dynasty, a management strategy is worthy of debate. Not because he is too old to handle it, its risk/reward

The expectations I laid out, helps put my thought/management strategy into context.

the unexpected...because it is what it is.
That's profound. Turns out we humans make evaluations on future based on the past and present. Goes back to an old survival mechanism.

The point is that this is uncharted waters. The most valuable player, a 42 year old QB at the helm of a super dynasty, a management strategy is worthy of debate. Not because he is too old to handle it, its risk/reward

The expectations I laid out, helps put my thought/management strategy into context.

So, what you are implying is that if the Patriots are down in the 4th Q and there is a strong pass rush, that BB will be more concerned with protecting Brady by running the ball instead of scoring points faster by throwing and risking Brady getting injured?

Is that it?

It'll be interesting to see if they throttle Brady in regular season, if at all, when down in the 4q

It will be interesting to see how many times this team is, if at all, down in the 4th qtr. I suspect (rather than expect) it won't be often. As constituted it certainly seems like a team that should own the clock

It will be interesting to see how many times this team is, if at all, down in the 4th qtr. I suspect (rather than expect) it won't be often. As constituted it certainly seems like a team that should own the clock
Beat me to it haha

That's profound. Turns out we humans make evaluations on future based on the past and present. Goes back to an old survival mechanism.

My survival mechanism is largely geared towards not unduly irritating a particular redhead

So, what you are implying is that if the Patriots are down in the 4th Q and there is a strong pass rush, that BB will be more concerned with protecting Brady by running the ball instead of scoring points faster by throwing and risking Brady getting injured?

Is that it?
I think the defense and running game will be elite, a different strategy can be implemented based upon the entirety of the the situation.

I'm suggesting that if down by 4 with 6 minutes left, I can forsee a run to pass ratio similar to the Cowboys pounding on Zeke as opposed to what we've seen in the past. At least early in the season.

I expect this defense to be the best in the league, and I expect this team to be as dominant as they've been since 2007(no team will ever again be that dominant).

Traditionaly one would think about "protecting the QB" run more, less tight ends routes etc etc. I'm not sure this really applies to NEP though. The intelligence and awareness of Brady coupled with the outlets of White and company I'm just not so sure the risk goes up to any significant level. Obviously this is predicated on a sound Oline.

I do believe Pats will be top 3 in rush attempts. But I think their pass game will actually be counterintuitive to the score. If Pats are down in 4th quarter, I can see Belichick wanting run heavy to galvanize Oline and because that is the time when the pass rush is most fierce(I don't see that being the case too often though)

Do you not see the contradiction here?

I think the defense and running game will be elite, a different strategy can be implemented based upon the entirety of the the situation.

I'm suggesting that if down by 4 with 6 minutes left, I can forsee a run to pass ratio similar to the Cowboys pounding on Zeke as opposed to what we've seen in the past. At least early in the season.
That is not how BB operates or for that matter any coach. He is not going to change his offensive strategy or risk losing a game, or play more conservative because he is worried his GOAT QB is going to be injured.

If he thought that he wouldnt have Brady in the game. Its real simple.

Do you not see the contradiction here?
Different teams. 2007 offensive dominance was enough to carry them to most dominant team ever. 2019 will be the deepest, most battle tested, most intelligent group to ever step foot on a football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes