PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper/Schefter: Rodney has torn quad muscle, out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rodney: torn quad muscle

I would love to bring Law instead of Lynch but i dont know how much money he wants.

It's hard to believe that we might have been watching his last play last night. But what a career he's had. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I'll be sad to see him go.

I hope Meriweather is ready to step up.

If last night is any indication, he is.

I would love to bring Law instead of Lynch but i dont know how much money he wants.

That might be the smartest thing you've said in ... ever.

I guess if it's being reported in the Globe, they believe this is true.

Report: Harrison has torn quad, season over
Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff October 21, 2008 11:53 AM
Rodney Harrison suffered a torn quad muscle in his left leg during the Patriots' victory over the Denver Broncos Monday night, and the injury will end his season and possibly the veteran safety's career, according to a report by Adam Schefter on NFL.com.

Harrison, 35, was injured on the final play of the third quarter. While pursuing scrambling Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, he attempted to change directions, but his left foot appeared to get caught in the turf and his left knee twisted at an awkward angle.

A popular and hard-hitting standout on the Patriots' last two championship teams, Harrison was carted off the field and waved to the crowd as the fans at Gillette Stadium gave him a warm ovation.

Hey Badmofo, thats not true.I have said more smarter things but the problem is that it goes right through your other ear and u want to play it dumb.

Brandon Merriwether will surprise everyone and play lights out this year-book it.

BTW-Rodney's had a great career. Hated to see him go out like this, but nonetheless he's had an outstanding career, and when all is said and done, hopefully it ends on a positive note.

I think god is telling Rodney that he needs to hang em up

Apparently his injury earlier in the game may have led to the second one as possibly he was playing with some pain before the 2nd injury occured

We all love you Rod - 2003 and 2004 would not have been possible without you in the roster and alot of the guys in this secondary..including guys that are no longer here like Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson owe you for what you have taught them along the way on how to play the game in the outfield.

Thank you, Number 37.

If this is it, we fans can never repay you for all you did, how much you gave and what you helped bring to Foxboro. I hope the Krafts find a way to keep you around the franchise for a long time.

I know you have a real tough choice but I hope you choose to rehab and return to Football next year even if it is for another team. I have been watching you play for so long now I can't picture football without your hard hitting.

It did look bad (atleast from the angle they showed in TV). If it is true, then I guess it is good bye Rodney :( and the patriots nation will be indebted to you for all you did here

Hope to see you in Canton ! Good luck

Last edited:

Sounds like it's come off the bone if he's done it turning. If Rodney works hard on rehab and he still wants to play his career isn't nailed on over.

If theres any wrestling buffs here my bro informs me Triple H has done this twice, in both legs and he's bouncing round like a mad man now.

Sounds like it's come off the bone if he's done it turning. If Rodney works hard on rehab and he still wants to play his career isn't nailed on over.

If theres any wrestling buffs here my bro informs me Triple H has done this twice, in both legs and he's bouncing round like a mad man now.

I'm not really a wrestling buff but I did watch that dumb sport when I was younger and I remember when Triple H did it the first time. He stayed out for a year then came back. His technique sucked after that if I remember correctly but he was still able to come back. Still, this is football and not wrestling. It's going to be even more difficult for a 35 year old Rodney to come back.

Chris Naeole had the same thing happen to him, so Rodney might want to give him a call.

Merriweather and Sanders need to grow up in a hurry. We also lose our extra linebacker on the field, and I'm pretty sure that that part of Rodney's game is irreplaceable.

I think his leadership and savvy on the field will be missed but, his declining physical skills can be replaced. Thank you Rodney, for all you've done for the Pats. You will be remembered fondly by Pats fans.

I'm not really a wrestling buff but I did watch that dumb sport when I was younger and I remember when Triple H did it the first time. He stayed out for a year then came back. His technique sucked after that if I remember correctly but he was still able to come back. Still, this is football and not wrestling. It's going to be even more difficult for a 35 year old Rodney to come back.

Used to watch it as a kid on a saturday, that was moons ago though :D Still, we'll see how it pans out. Footballs a relatively short career for sure but theres still a small chance he may squeeze one more season in somewhere or in some situation.

Last edited:

I know I sound liek a **** saying this but

We can afford losing him, better him than a young contributor.

What a great career though, in a few years the guy has given us memories that will never fade. He's everything a great football player should be. Smart, strong, tough. It sucks to see him go, but it's time.

A shame. I hope he's ok.

any confirmation on the John Lynch sighting?

LYNCH BACK TO THE PATS?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2008, 1:06 p.m.
When former Bucs and Broncos safety John Lynch was cut by the Patriots before the start of the season, the thinking in some circles was that the Pats would bring him back after Week One, so that his full salary would not be guaranteed.

But a funny thing happened after Week One. The Patriots never re-signed him.

Now that safety Rodney Harrison is out for the year, speculation has commenced that Lynch could rejoin the Patriots.

We’ve already gotten an unconfirmed tip from a reader who claims that Lynch has been spotted at Logan Airport in Boston.

A reunion would make sense. The Patriots likely didn’t pursue Lynch when he was released by the Bucs several years ago because of Harrison’s presence on the roster. Most recently, Lynch was auditioning to serve as a complement to Harrison.

Now that Harrison is gone, Lynch could be the ideal replacement for him on the roster.

In a recent interview with USA Today (we couldn’t find the link before our ADD kicked in), Lynch made it clear that he misses the game, and that he left the sport not because he wanted to.

John Lynch wears cement shoes.

We likely wouldn't use Lynch in coverage situations if he came here. If he were to be on the field for us, he'd be used in that LB/SS hybrid that Rodney was in. Well, at least I HOPE that he isn't used in coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents