PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: I think Bill is realizing his system doesn't work without high level QB play

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Chattering about how Bill wants to win right now and catch Shula not win later. And since they haven't been doing much winning since Brady left he probably is considering a Mac-for-Deshaun Watson trade. LOL

Fast forward to 20:00

If there's any truth to that then maybe it really is time for BB to move on. Gasper tho...

Last edited:
Mad Bill GIF

Gaspar is a prime bad example of Boston media. He was a kid with promise, once upon a time. Now he is an agenda driven man, imho. I'm not sure he played any sports at even sandlot level. I take everything he says with a Morton factory full of salt.

Gasper since before Jones was drafted has been touting how mediocre to awful Jones would be. I think he gave Jones a ceiling of another Andy Dalton and has never backed off that. He is desperate to be right about it.

Now he is creating news stories to justify his BS. FWIW, Greg Bedard called his sources at the Patriots to see if there is any truth to this story and he said that from Kraft down to the guy who cleans the toilets love Mac Jones and have no intention to get rid of him.

Gaspar is a prime bad example of Boston media. He was a kid with promise, once upon a time. Now he is an agenda driven man, imho. I'm not sure he played any sports at even sandlot level. I take everything he says with a Morton factory full of salt.

If Gasper said this when he was on the beat with the team back in 07ish I might take it somewhat seriously.

But the Gaper who is on with idiot Jim Murray, and comes on Felger and Mazz to feed their BS train is not to be taken seriously

For him to have a role at a respectable new outlet like WCVB is a sham.

This is the dumbest thing Gasper has ever said and he has said a ****load.

What "system" does work without high-level QB play.

Gasper just doesnt like Mac. If you have listened to him, its like he has it out for Mac. Usually a fair guy, but I dont think he has been in this case.

Is it true Gaspar is now one one of those local TV broadcasters who reads 5 minutes of sports news at 6:25PM?

David Koechner Anchorman GIF

Gasper just doesnt like Mac. If you have listened to him, its like he has it out for Mac. Usually a fair guy, but I dont think he has been in this case.
Yep. Hes been on the Bash Mac train since day 1.

Is it true Gaspar is now one one of those local TV broadcasters who reads 5 minutes of sports news at 6:25PM?

David Koechner Anchorman GIF
Yep. Hes got a cube at Channel 5. Nothing more. Reads a couple of sports stories, pontificates for a minute and he's out the door.

Chattering about how Bill wants to win right now and catch Shula not win later. And since they haven't been doing much winning since Brady left he probably is considering a Mac-for-Deshaun Watson trade. LOL

Fast forward to 20:00

If there's any truth to that then maybe it really is time for BB to move on.
If Bill has talent at other positions on the team, he's going to win....qb is the most important position but think of when Casal was the starter, he was 11-5 and when Brady was suspended he was 3-1 with Jimmy and Brissett ....that's 14-6....if he has talent, he's going to win.

I do believe we need to help Mac Jones with talented wide outs & not draft DB busts in the 2nd round anymore.

Brady worked wonders with Jimmy & Joe’s,
But today…. Talented wide outs are the way to go.

Dude is a dweeb that never stepped on a field in any sport with a pair of cleats on. I don't think any one else in the Boston media annoys me more. He is a pompous, sarcastic, self-appointed know it all.

I highly doubt he has any connections in the Pats org that would be in the know of BB's thinking on personnel...or any other thoughts for that matter, including dinner plans.

Last edited:

I think it also has to do with the fact he gets a lot of crap from Pats fans online for his Mac hate. He is constantly complaining about all the crap people give him online.

Trade a promising rookie QB for a very talented vet QB that will be suspended the second the trade is approved to the Pat's. Yep that's exactly how you win in this league!

Trade a promising rookie QB for a very talented vet QB that will be suspended the second the trade is approved to the Pat's. Yep that's exactly how you win in this league!
Oh yeah they've got their finger on the button the second it is announced.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back