PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gameday Thread Posters - Fans or Fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedyB54

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So, I usually don't read the Gameday Threads until after the game. Most of the time I check it out to see if someone posted some info on a particular play or call that I either missed or am looking for an explanation of. Some good stuff in there to learn from.

However, for those of you that do post there often during the games, I was just wondering if the vast majority of the negative posters in those threads are real Pats fans or are they fans of other teams pretending to be Pats fans? Seems all that complaining and whining at times just overwhelms the general conversation, which may be their goal. Are those guys for real?

It's amazing how many people will proclaim "Our season is over" based on a single play or score by the other team as early as the second quarter of a game.

I guess we should be thankful that the Patriots players themselves not only possess physical talents worthy of being in the NFL, but even more so that they don't have the same "that's it, we're done" attitude of their supposed "Fans".

i dont know man...

i usually dont think other teams fans waste their time pretending to be pats fans, and most of those posters are just easy to lose their control over themselves....

that said the game goes quite fast, and its quite easy to ignore the negative/uninformative posts

moreso then usual b/c a game is on

So, I usually don't read the Gameday Threads until after the game. Most of the time I check it out to see if someone posted some info on a particular play or call that I either missed or am looking for an explanation of. Some good stuff in there to learn from.

However, for those of you that do post there often during the games, I was just wondering if the vast majority of the negative posters in those threads are real Pats fans or are they fans of other teams pretending to be Pats fans? Seems all that complaining and whining at times just overwhelms the general conversation, which may be their goal. Are those guys for real?

It's amazing how many people will proclaim "Our season is over" based on a single play or score by the other team as early as the second quarter of a game.

I guess we should be thankful that the Patriots players themselves not only possess physical talents worthy of being in the NFL, but even more so that they don't have the same "that's it, we're done" attitude of their supposed "Fans".

Excellent post and onservation. Unfortunately I believe the vast majority are not classic posers, just spoiled bandwagoners who expect to win every game and make every play or win or lose to them this team really sucks.

Personally, I think it's no different than "Joe Plumber" watching the game at home or in person saying "what, there passing on 3rd and 2?" It's often people posting there raw emotions at that exact moment they hit the submit reply button.

The first rule of the gameday thread is that you can only read it on gameday. It only makes sense in context. And half the **** on it ("We're dooooomed!!") is tongue in cheek.

So stop looking for reasons to get your panties in a twist and just relax. Until gameday, that is.

Last edited:
They're all fans, just very spoilt and/or overreacters. Doesn't mean they don't like the team.

Personally, I think gameday threads attract a lot of the overreactors and Negative Nancys on this board. These same people were a lot more prevalent on this board during the weekdays earlier in the season. These were the same guys crying for the Pats to sign Daunte Culpepper and that the Pats are better off starting O'Connell than Cassel. I am sure if the defense continues to struggle, they will be back in full force.

Listen to WEEI. There are guys like this on a lot. There is Steve from Fall River who calls in and complains every week. Even the week of the Super Bowl, he was crying how the Pats didn't draft Bob Sanders.

There are just negative people on this board and they come out of woodwork on gameday.

I don't know, I've posted in the game threads before, and it's not a 'negative attitude' or 'spoiled fan' thing, it's just how diehard fans feel whenever anything goes wrong for the good guys. Like someone said earlier here, it's more raw emotion of the moment than a carefully thought out post on the main board here. Not that every thread out here is a masterpiece either ... :)

Think about watching the game with friends - you're pumped when the Pats grab the lead, but then Miami scores and there's a chorus of swearing probably, right? That's the game thread. Emotional overreaction at its finest. It makes for some great online reading, especially when things turn out well for the Pats....

Gameday threads are the same on every board. If you do happen to be online during a game it's a heck of a lot more fun to read the opposition gameday thread.

Gameday threads are like a board meeting of Sybil Inc. :cool: Most people who post there have the team dead and buried 1:08 into the first quarter lol.

Maybe it's just the nature of those threads:confused2:

I have enough emotional responses watching the game on the flat screen. I usually stay away from the game-day thread because I don't have a laptop to drag into the room with me, and I'm afraid, if I did, that'd I'd spill drink or food all over it... :)

respects,

I think for the most part that they are "Fair Weather " Fans who can't stand a little adversity.Many are just bandwagon jumpers.

i think the gameday thread is kind of a chat room, and people just say what they are feeling. most posts probably dont represent how they feel in general, but it just shows the ups and downs each person is feeling during the game. i mean, when you are in your house, and you see for example, Gaffney drop that pass early in the game, iim sure you screamed at the TV. whether or not you posted this feeling, doesnt mean you are a better fan than other people. just because you screamed at your TV at Gaffney doesnt mean you are more loyal to him. you said it, others typed it. its not really a big deal. passion is great, and people like to express their feelings on this board. its kind of therapeutic in a way. we all share a common feeling about the pats, and even though none of us are in the same room, being on the board makes it seem that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots