PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1.) The defense took a nice step in the right direction. They picked the Dolphins QB four times. I am sorry, but that isn't all on the Dolphins' QBs. The Pats defense made plays.
2.) I like the maturation of young guys like Chung, Ninkovitch, and McCourty. Hopefully, it is a step in the right direction.
3.) Liked how Brady and the offense didn't need to win this game.
4.) I also like that Moss was invisible in a way. I think this team needs to stop relying on Moss to win. It will ultimately make the team a better player.
5.) The Jets must be kicking themselves for letting Woodhead go. The guy is shaping up to being more than an adequet replacement for Faulk. He is no Faulk, but he doesn't make the hole lost by Faulk noticable.
6.) Contrary to popular belief, special teams is part of the game. If the Pats can make big plays on special teams like they did tonight, they will win games even with the offense not clicking.
7.) My one concern about the defense is that when they blitz, they leave too many gaping holes in the middle of the field. They gotta get someone who can pressure the passer more consistent.
8.) Good to get a road win in Miami. Get a couple of monkeys off their back.
9.) This is going to be a roller coaster ride on defense. They will make steps towards being a good defense and then might take steps back. Gotta be patient.

Last edited:
this win was huge for alot of reasons... but to get a division win on a road... proud of the win tonight...

To sum this game up in the way I see best. F'n A!!!

1.) The defense took a nice step in the right direction. They picked the Dolphins QB four times. I am sorry, but that isn't all on the Dolphins' QBs. The Pats defense made plays.
2.) I like the maturation of young guys like Chung, Ninkovitch, and McCourty. Hopefully, it is a step in the right direction.
3.) Liked how Brady and the offense didn't need to win this game.
4.) I also like that Moss was invisible in a way. I think this team needs to stop relying on Moss to win. It will ultimately make the team a better player.
5.) The Jets must be kicking themselves for letting Woodhead go. The guy is shaping up to being more than an adequet replacement for Faulk. He is no Faulk, but he doesn't make the hole lost by Faulk noticable.
6.) Contrary to popular belief, special teams is part of the game. If the Pats can make big plays on special teams like they did tonight, they will win games even with the offense not clicking.
7.) My one concern about the defense is that when they blitz, they leave too many gaping holes in the middle of the field. They gotta get someone who can pressure the passer more consistent.
8.) Good to get a road win in Miami. Get a couple of monkeys off their back.
9.) This is going to be a roller coaster ride on defense. They will make steps towards being a good defense and then might take steps back. Gotta be patient.

Good post. I agree on the defense. They showed tonight that they have the talent to be effective. But there will be more games that have us frustrated. I liked what I saw tonight though.

They really addressed a lot of concerns in a statement kind of way. I mean, second half play? Unbelievable. On the road against a good team? Check. Defense made plays, special teams made plays. THey looked fired up.

Not a lot to complain about although there are for sure things to work on.

eta: Also, this young D stepped up on Monday Night Football, which is a big deal.

Last edited:
It was like the Old Days again tonight, Chung, Tate, Woodhead andMayo are the new play makers.

Great win, but I think people are forgetting that first half a bit too quickly.

Great great game. I am still worried about the defense but they improved tonight though they gave up too many easy and wide open completions.

Tomorrow we will hear Felger and Mazz talk about how dreadful the defense was because they only forced one punt.

Tomorrow is for bringing it back to reality. Tonight is for the positive.

Tomorrow we will hear Felger and Mazz talk about how dreadful the defense was because they only forced one punt.

The good thing about this win is that it was a blowout that left plenty of things for the coaches to use as "teaching moments".

Where? Because everyone is rejoicing that they kicked ass in the second half?

No one has forgotten anything. It's not like the entirety of Patsfans.com now thinks the defense is the Steel Curtain reincarnated.

What a strange comment.

You may be correct, but we knew coming into the game what the team could do in first halves of games. What has been missing the past year and 3 weeks was the halftime adjustments and the 2nd half play on the road. Both of those things were there tonight. I wouldnt really be concerned with the 1st half, I would look more at what happened in the 2nd half

This game should give some of the younger guys confidence that if they listen to the coaches and play hard good things will happen, they needed a game like this.

Today 11:57 PM

No, they're the biggest frontrunners on the radio, they'll be on the bandwagon til they lose a game.

I agree with you. Nink step up and saved us from our D, in the first half, the game might have turned out different with it wasn't for him. What really won the game was the STs.

The first half wasn't that bad. There were problems, but the Pats were only down by one at the half and stepped up in the second half. Last year when the Pats smoked the Colts for 3 1/2 quarters and lost in the fourth, I doubt Colts fans were saying that the Colts sucked because they only won the game because they played well for a half a quarter.

It isn't how you start a game, it is how you finish it.

Last edited:
I'm a Woodhead follower and have been for years, but you can't leave out BJGE and his very solid performance this week and last week. He is really turning out to be a fun back to watch. Quick and powerful.

It was a great team effort. Great contributions by offense, defense, and special teams. And how about those kickoffs deep in the end zone that were not run out?

The other thing is they were trailing at half time so they beat the big knock that they can't perform in the second half. Great second half and especially on the road against Miami.

I want to see the Defense more organized.

I want to see more aggressive coverage by the DB's

I want to see Four Quarters of solid play on both sides of the ball

But most of all i want to see.....Our enemies crushed, to see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is what i really want to see

Check, Check, Check, Big Check

Last edited:
Great great game. I am still worried about the defense but they improved tonight though they gave up too many easy and wide open completions.

They did give up to many easy passes, but they also made plays. It's been a long time since we have a defense that is capable of making plays. The younglings are not perfect. There are going to be ups and downs.

As someone in the booth mentioned, CONFIDENCE. That is key for some of these young guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes