PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread: Titans/Chiefs and Falcons/Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In an effort to get away from the latest BS of the NFL, how about a discussion about tomorrow's games?

I know the home town teams will probably win, but I hope the visitors in the AFC do. I can't see the Titan's O keeping up with ours in Foxboro. And I know September is a long time ago, and the Chiefs haven't looked the same since about Week 5, but having to face them again gives me a little more pause.

In the NFC, I don't know and I probably don't really care who wins until about 3 weeks from now. The Falcons just squeaked in, so they aren't likely to win, but would anyone want to see a rematch of last year's Superbowl?

Thoughts?

I think both home teams win. Rams are better than their 11-5 record would suggest (IMO) and the Chiefs appear to be playing better.

I’m thinking the chiefs win and falcons choke again. Won’t matter, it will be a pats Vikings Super Bowl

Thoughts?

First, God bless you. :)

Second, I don't pick games per se. Mainly because I stink at it. LOL

Here's my take, tho... Rams don't play well at home, and Atlanta has righted the ship for the most part. Falcons should pull this one out.

And I think the Chiefs will...

dismember the Titans.

giphy.gif

:)

I’m thinking the chiefs win and falcons choke again. Won’t matter, it will be a pats Vikings Super Bowl
If the Pats make it, I'd rather them not have to play the home town team in the Super Bowl. That puts extra pressure on the Vikes though, in the early rounds of the playoffs.

I got Chiefs- Rams for being better teams.
I want Titans-Rams (don’t care about NFC...yet)
I believe the Titans will be easier path to the AFCCG.

I think the Rams match up well with Atlanta. I expect the Rams to win.

KC vs Tennessee is a strange one. Everything points to KC, but then you remember that it's KC in the playoffs ... at home. They haven't won a home playoff game in over 20 years, and they've only got 2 home playoff wins in their entire history. Then you consider the Andy Reid factor, and the Titans actually have a shot.

I'm taking Chiefs over Titans because one of the teams is good and the other isn't.

Rams-Falcons is kinda tough to decide but I think the Rams are just a better team and my gut tells me they have the mental toughness to make a playoff run (some teams, like Philly, are very obvious 1 and done candidates--I do not feel this way about LA).

I feel there will be upsets this weekend. No one is giving any road team any chance and when that happens usually one or two of them win.

I think KC will likely win but if the Titans were able to get an early TO and take the lead I think the ghosts of playoff failures past would start getting in their heads. Have it 55% change KC wins I have little confidence in the Titans offense.

I like the Falcons against the Rams. Young team feels the pressure and implodes on several drives. Falcons do enough to win.

Rooting for Rams and Titans.

I would love to see the Titans in Foxboro next week but I don't think it will happen I just don't see it in Marcus Mariota and their defense has been so inconsistent the whole season. For that reason I think we will be playing the Chiefs as much I would like Buffalo to win they won't especially if McCoy is out. The Patriots should beat the Chiefs and the Steelers should beat the Jags and we are back to where we were last year and I say the Patriots take that game again.

On the NFC side, I'm calling upset between the Falcons and the Rams. I say Falcons win but and go on and win again vs the Eagles but lose in the NFC Championship to the Saints who will beat the Panthers and the Vikings. With of course, the Patriots winning.

So there you have it I'm calling for a Patriots and Saints Super Bowl LII. With of course, the Patriots winning.

Titans. I’ve knocked them all year but I think they’ve drawn a good matchup here. They went in there last year and beat a better team: but the titans were also better last year as well IMO.

I expect the Titans to shut down the run without having to commit too many numbers. I really think they pull this one out.

Falcons. Like last year. That defense is playing better toward the end of the year. I buy into the experience factor, the rams don’t have any. I think the falcons will be able to run the ball well, but the rams may be able to as well. I’d like to see the rams win, but I think Atlanta finds a way and pulls this out. Goff can be a little careless with ball security when pressured. I can see him making a critical fumble. The way I see it, the rams are going to start slow and they won’t be able to overcome it. If the rams win, I think it’s a blowout

In an effort to get away from the latest BS of the NFL, how about a discussion about tomorrow's games?

I know the home town teams will probably win, but I hope the visitors in the AFC do. I can't see the Titan's O keeping up with ours in Foxboro. And I know September is a long time ago, and the Chiefs haven't looked the same since about Week 5, but having to face them again gives me a little more pause.

In the NFC, I don't know and I probably don't really care who wins until about 3 weeks from now. The Falcons just squeaked in, so they aren't likely to win, but would anyone want to see a rematch of last year's Superbowl?

Thoughts?
want Titans over Chiefs. but think they other way around is likely.

I would love to see the Titans in Foxboro next week but I don't think it will happen I just don't see it in Marcus Mariota and their defense has been so inconsistent the whole season. For that reason I think we will be playing the Chiefs as much I would like Buffalo to win they won't especially if McCoy is out. The Patriots should beat the Chiefs and the Steelers should beat the Jags and we are back to where we were last year and I say the Patriots take that game again.

On the NFC side, I'm calling upset between the Falcons and the Rams. I say Falcons win but and go on and win again vs the Eagles but lose in the NFC Championship to the Saints who will beat the Panthers and the Vikings. With of course, the Patriots winning.

So there you have it I'm calling for a Patriots and Saints Super Bowl LII. With of course, the Patriots winning.
That would be sweet, but a whole lotta football to be played between now and then!

The Titans are as close as you can get to a fraudulent playoff team - not sure what has happened with Mariota this year (he was allegedly due a big jump in performance) but he has been straight awful for months.

No unit on the Titans would I grade as 'excellent' - I expect the Chiefs (home hoodoo or not) to have too much firepower for them.

Alex Smith is very limited in super cold conditions with his Pennington-esque arm - and is so risk averse it leads to an offence that can't move unless the run game does it - would happily see him back in Foxboro for the divisional.

Chiefs to win, but won't cover the 9.0 spread.

I keep expecting the Rams bubble to burst - they have come from nowhere and look pretty awesome on offence this year -they also have difference makers on D that can wreck a game if their offence gets ahead.

Falcons go as Matty Iced goes - and without his old OC he looks to be shadow of his 2016 incarnation.

I'd take the Rams to cover the 5.5 spread.

I think the Rams match up well with Atlanta. I expect the Rams to win.

KC vs Tennessee is a strange one. Everything points to KC, but then you remember that it's KC in the playoffs ... at home. They haven't won a home playoff game in over 20 years, and they've only got 2 home playoff wins in their entire history. Then you consider the Andy Reid factor, and the Titans actually have a shot.
I was actually wondering if the other AFC game may be a bit closer than most think, if McCoy plays, of course. I still think the Jags will win and move on, but I can see a lower scoring type 23-16 affair where Buffalo makes it something of a game. Just not sold on the Jaguars.

Hard for me to envision a KC loss versus that **** Titans team who lost 3/4 in December. They’re a joke in my opinion. That said, I’ll certainly be rooting for them.

I'm just going to enjoy the games and watch them as they unfold. Don't really care who wins or loses.

Scratch that, I don't want the Bills to win because I fear division opponents in the playoffs the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes