PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Further proof Bill was clearly throwing that Eagles Super Bowl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure genius , dont f with bill!!

I mean, I wouldn't **** with Bill. The Ventrone brothers were clearly Bill's "Salamanca twins". He just signed them to the team long enough to access the weapons room in Gillette and then cut them so they could have the free time necessary to do whatever horrible murder BB needed.

The Pats were missing a player they needed to beat the Eagles... Alan Branch, he was injured.

Malcolm Butler was their worst starting player all year and was disgruntled over his contract, the only mistake the Pats made was not trading him to the Saints for a 2nd before the season began. He has zero effect on that outcome, unless to make it worse.
Wrong.

And Branch sucked in 2017 anyway, so his presence in the game would've made very little difference in helping stop Philthy's running attack.

Right?? Wrong?? Who really cares, not that many absolutes in life never mind football..

What I am forever grateful for is that the Pats went to three Super Bowls in a row, considering that the Browns, Jaguars, Texans and Lions have never in their franchise history achieved that lofty status.

Lucky Fan...

Wrong.

And Branch sucked in 2017 anyway, so his presence in the game would've made very little difference in helping stop Philthy's running attack.

I remember reading about Branch being in line at Panera Bear (or Sbarro) the day of the game getting chow...

The 2003 hoodie is cut off too.

The SB losses were a handful of missed plays.

The SB wins were a handful of executed plays.
Way too reasonable...you're no fun!

The Pats were missing a player they needed to beat the Eagles... Alan Branch, he was injured.

Malcolm Butler was their worst starting player all year and was disgruntled over his contract, the only mistake the Pats made was not trading him to the Saints for a 2nd before the season began. He has zero effect on that outcome, unless to make it worse.
He was a lot more than injured. His career was over.

Wrong.

Yeah... how would a 350 pound man help stop the run... you've cornered the market on "wrong."

Branch came to camp fat and unmotivated, after Bill benched him he played great... then he got hurt. Those are the actual facts.

He was a lot more than injured. His career was over.
No, he was injured. Deciding to retire after the year was over had nothing to do with the Patriots decision not to activate him Super Bowl week.

Branch decided a long time ago to play ten years and retire. “Actually my plan coming out of college was play 10 and be done,” Branch said. “I’m blessed enough where I’m physically still able to play.”

Alan Branch puts retirement aside to assert his dominance with the Patriots

What Butler allegedly did (we still don’t have a definitive answer) still doesn’t warrant punishing the rest of the team taking a veteran player out of the biggest game of the year.

Chandler Jones ends up at the police station the night before the 2015 AFCCG shirtless and high (who played), but Butler gets benched in the Super Bowl for not being “locked in” or something?

Aside from that, I hope he apologized for his atrocious game plan to the defense getting embarrassed and looking unprepared for the RPO.

He has zero effect on that outcome, unless to make it worse.
Eric Rowe, Jordan Richards and Johnson Bademosi are asking you to hold their beers.

What Butler allegedly did (we still don’t have a definitive answer) still doesn’t warrant punishing the rest of the team taking a veteran player out of the biggest game of the year.

Chandler Jones ends up at the police station the night before the 2015 AFCCG shirtless and high (who played), but Butler gets benched in the Super Bowl for not being “locked in” or something?

Aside from that, I hope he apologized for his atrocious game plan to the defense getting embarrassed and looking unprepared for the RPO.

Eric Rowe, Jordan Richards and Johnson Bademosi are asking you to hold their beers.
What Butler did was let his contract status effect his level of play, he was their worst starting player all season. From game one when he wouldn't communicate with Gilmore which forced them to bench Stephon.

The Eagles WR's were all 6'1" and bigger, the Pats played their best corners. And frankly the Eagles WR's did next to nothing in the 2nd half after they put Gilmore on Alshon Jeffrey. The only receiver that did any damage in the second half was Zach Ertz and it wasn't because Malcolm Butler was missing, it was because (a strong safety, not a corner) Chung got hurt and they had to replace him with Jordan Richards who got abused.

Butler sucked all year, he got embarrassed by Jay Cutler and 5'6" WR Jakeem Grant then blamed it on the coaches afterwards.

"Worst victim of a trampoline jump: Diminutive Dolphins wide receiver Jakeem Grant leapt up and snatched a 25-yard touchdown in the third quarter over Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler."

"Best dropped dagger: Grant beat Malcolm Butler badly on a go route in the fourth quarter that would have been, could have been a game-clinching touchdown, but the ball slipped through the receiver's hands."

www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2017/12/best_and_worst_of_patriots_loss_to_dolphins

www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/malcolm-butler-calls-his-pro-football-focus-retweet-after-mondays-game-big

The Patriots lost that Super Bowl because Alan Branch, Jonathan Jones, Donta Hightower then Patrick Chung were hurt for the Super Bowl.

Butler is and always has been overrated. He got exposed as a Titan and lost his job to Adoree Jackson last season before getting hurt, he's on the short list of vets to be cut by Tennessee this season. He peaked in 2016, he was a lesser talent who looked good on a great defense here and because he had a similarly sized Darrelle Revis to emulate.

He wasn't the reason they lost, he likely would have made it worse and he wasn't the reason the Eagles rushed for 164 yards in the Super Bowl... that was due to the 350 pound hole missing in the dead center of their defensive line and Hightower to boot.

The Eagles were simply the better team due to injuries on the Patriot's defense.

Last edited:
No, he was injured. Deciding to retire after the year was over had nothing to do with the Patriots decision not to activate him Super Bowl week.

Branch decided a long time ago to play ten years and retire. “Actually my plan coming out of college was play 10 and be done,” Branch said. “I’m blessed enough where I’m physically still able to play.”

Alan Branch puts retirement aside to assert his dominance with the Patriots
He injured his meniscus, was on the injury report, healed and was then off it. He was fine.

His career ran its course. He had enough.

Like you said you have no idea what Butler did leading up the game but yet you pass judgement on BB saying he had, "an agenda". Thats ********.

What we do know is Butler admitted he was not ready to play the game. He was, in his words "not dialed in".

He injured his meniscus, was on the injury report, healed and was then off it. He was fine.

His career ran its course. He had enough.
Branch said he was healthy enough to play, again why I said that was the mistake if there was any. He retired, he was playing well prior to getting hurt and after BB benched him for being fat to start the season.

Malcom Butler cried at the Super Bowl, tears streaming down his face. If he felt the team betrayed him he would have an angry grimace on his face.

He knew he screwed over his teammates with his selfish behavior, he f-ed up and he knew it.

This conversation is dumb. Football is won in the trenches and that is where the Patriots lost, at the line of scrimmage.

Butler tackles Agholor. Period.

The 2003 hoodie is cut off too.

The SB losses were a handful of missed plays.

The SB wins were a handful of executed plays.
was it a honest to god "hoodie" though? Think it was a wind breaker

Branch said he was healthy enough to play, again why I said that was the mistake if there was any. He retired, he was playing well prior to getting hurt and after BB benched him for being fat to start the season.
He did not play well in 2017

Last edited:
Pats had 3 receivers in that game go over 115 yards. Amendola for 150, Hogan for 128 and Gronk for 116. Don’t recall that ever happening in a SB. Or any other game even in Fivehead’s prime on the Colts. I wonder if that’s some kind of league record.

Pats had 3 receivers in that game go over 115 yards. Amendola for 150, Hogan for 128 and Gronk for 116. Don’t recall that ever happening in a SB. Or any other game even in Fivehead’s prime on the Colts. I wonder if that’s some kind of league record.

Looked it up. Guess it's happened a few times and I didn't remember. Rams did it in 2018. Pats did it in 2013 too when Amendola, Dobson(!) and Gronk went over 100 each when they trucked the Steelers. The Greatest Show on Turf did it a couple times. The Colts in Peyton's prime had 2 in a game lots of times but not 3. Weird that the 2013 Broncos never did it either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back