PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny Brady rookie hazing story

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Posted this bit in this morning's entry but it was pretty funny and I figured I'd share it here:

– ProFootballTalk.com had an article looking at the practice of veterans sticking rookies with the bill during team dinners and had a humorous story that involved a former Patriot. Former New England running back Fred Taylor said that during one such outing, Taylor said he watched Tom Brady pull off a pretty expensive prank. “Tom [Brady] would come in there and buy a three, four, five thousand dollar bottle of wine, take one sip, say goodnight,” said Taylor. Taylor went on to say that he witnessed that happening more than once, which helped rack up a bill that ended up being in the tens of thousands of dollars that the rookies then had to pay for.

Not cool with hazing in general, but especially not a fan of "expensive" pranks on people that make way less than you and who likely wont have a second contract.

Not cool with hazing in general, but especially not a fan of "expensive" pranks on people that make way less than you and who likely wont have a second contract.
I agree. I thought it was sort of funny initially with the guy’s making millions. Then I read about a few where that wasn’t the case and realized those weren’t funny at all and it’s obviously a ridiculous waste of money, especially for guys who are just learning how to deal with it.

I'm all for the funny rookie hair cuts and them carrying pads/helmets, but that is about it.

Mac, not being hateful, spiteful, and vengeful, just orders water at team dinners.

;)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back