2nd Team Getting Their First Start
I will never forget the way I felt and reacted when Butler picked it. I don't know if I will ever experience a swing of emotions like I did in the last 2:02 of that game. I still get cold chills when I think about it.Still one of the greatest sports moments of my life. Remember being about 20 nascar sodas in, my buddy was ahead of me lol. It took him about 5 seconds after the play to realize what had happened. Amazing night
- Edelman touchdown
- Collins burned by Lynch for a 31 yard pass on the first play of the drive
- Patriots get them to 3rd and 10 and Wilson completes a pass for 11 yards
- The Kearse catch. When that happened I was face down on the floor in front of the TV, yelling every word imaginable
- Lynch runs it and Hightower tackles him with one arm at the 1. At this point I'm still on the floor, and only put my head up to see the play
- I'm wanting them to let Lynch in at this point. Just give Brady 40-50 seconds to try and lead the team to a FG and send it to OT
- I still have my head down right before the snap. I peak up and see Wilson take the snap. As soon as I see Baldwin and Browner, I know that Lockette is about to cut inside with all of that open space. I can see Butler knows this is coming, but in that split second, my brain is telling me he can't make it there in time because Wilson is already in his throwing motion getting ready to release the ball.
- Butler comes streaking in and picks it. I immediately shoot up into a standing position and start yelling "he ****ing picked it, he ****ing picked it."
- I'm in my basement watching the game by myself, while my family are upstairs watching. I take off running towards the stairs, still yelling. I'm stumbling trying to run up them and shoot through the door, sliding across the hardwood floor and slamming into the wall, yelling at them "he ****ing picked it." It took them a moment to register what I was saying because they were still sort of new to watching and it happened so fast