PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From a Chiefs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be making some strides with their defense now that Spagnuolo is the DC. Look out if they ever figure out that side of the ball.
Yeah, we've seen Spagnuolo devise a way to stump Josh and Tom before.

They seem to be making some strides with their defense now that Spagnuolo is the DC. Look out if they ever figure out that side of the ball.

What a luxury it must be to have a defense that allows every opponent to run right through them on the ground, without ever needing to even throw a single pass.

That Spagnuolo - he's truly a miracle worker!

I don't think Spaggs has gotten enough credit for the job he has done so far. Our defense is FAR from great but they have greatly improved from last year.

They still have given up a TON of yards this season. But have shown a far greater ability to keep teams out of the end-zone hold them to 3 instead of getting 7 more often than not or finding a way to create a turnover. They have actually been a reason why we have won a couple of games by doing this, unlike last season. Last year we just had to say a prayer they would do anything but just let a team make it look easy to get a touchdown. They have gotten a lot done from last year but they still have a way to go to be considered a good defense.

I don't think that this game is going to be the shootouts we saw a year ago. I believe this game is going to be more in the 20s then the 30s and 40s that we saw last year. From a Chiefs prospective our guys have to come in more ready to play then they were in the match ups last year. We got down in the first half in both games last year. But made it close at the end. If the Chiefs get off to a better start then they have a chance to win. If not well the result won't change from a year ago

It's really refreshing to have other team fans to come here and post positive thoughts instead of trash talking.
Hoping for a good game and of course a Pats victory !!

He's insinuating another loss is coming... He's trolling

Actually I would say the opposite, I would say he feels a chance of a Chiefs victory is LESS likely given the Pats JUST loss.

Btw, if you see many responses with the word torch spelled wrong it's because of a KC fan that came here last year.
She sings "_____" songs
linda-ronstadt.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Actually I would say the opposite, I would say he feels a chance of a Chiefs victory is LESS likely given the Pats JUST loss.
You got that from the post? Wow. I encourage you to reread the op.

Reid hired Spags specfically with us in mind. It was Spags's style of defense that stopped us in '07 and '11 because he knew exactly how to attack Brady (bring all the pressure up the middle, not off the edge, because Brady is a master at stepping up in the pocket).

It's going to be very interesting to see how Spags is going to attack us. If I know BB/McD, they are going to pull out the films from when a Spags defense played us, and hopefully have a plan to counter that.

Other than that, Reid is the same old Reid: you know exactly what you are getting with him, a fabulous opening script, then downhill after that. Horrendous clock management, undisciplined offense, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Reid hired Spags specfically with us in mind. It was Spags style of defense that stopped us in '07 and '11 because he knew exactly how to attack Brady (bring all the pressure up the middle, not off the edge, because Brady is a master at stepping up in the pocket).

It's going to be very interesting to see how Spags is going to attack us. If I know BB/McD, they are going to pull out the films from when a Spags defense played us, and hopefully have a plan to counter that.

Other than that, Reid is the same old Reid: you know exactly what you are getting with him, a fabulous opening script, then downhill after that. Horrendous clock management, undisciplined offense, etc. etc.

Spags was not with the Giants in 2011.

It's really refreshing to have other team fans to come here and post positive thoughts instead of trash talking.
Hoping for a good game and of course a Pats victory !!

I save 99.9% of my trash talk for Denver and Oakland :)

I enjoy talking with football fans who are not Chiefs fans. As long as it's respectful in nature maybe a little playful ribbing it can be great fun.

And you guys won twice last year it's our turn ;) I hope

I can't disagree with this to much

But I would state that I think the two games last year your guys won based on the work Monday-Saturday. The Chiefs got off to poor starts in both game and it was the 2nd half they made it close. In the AFC title game it could not have been more clear the Patriots were FAR and away the more prepared team. They won in part due to the work they did getting ready for the game and it wasn't even close. IMO

You got that from the post? Wow. I encourage you to reread the op.
It's pretty clear, and then he clarified exactly this. Maybe reread with this in mind.

I can't disagree with this to much

But I would state that I think the two games last year your guys won based on the work Monday-Saturday. The Chiefs got off to poor starts in both game and it was the 2nd half they made it close. In the AFC title game it could not have been more clear the Patriots were FAR and away the more prepared team. They won in part due to the work they did getting ready for the game and it wasn't even close. IMO

And are you confident that any of this will change? Chiefs will have to win in spite of him, not because of him.

KC will have to basically avoid getting in a close game, when time management becomes important and a careless penalty makes a world of difference. In other words if KC gets off to a fast start, get a good cushion, then they have a great chance.

If Chiefs get up by two td’s than I am not sure we can come back from that like last week. We can’t expect to make a furious come back in the 4th quarter and win . If Pats get an early lead than I have confidence that the D can hold them off !!!!

If you are a franchise that has been struggling then he is a great choice to get things turned around and lay the foundation. But when you get to that point you get stuck under Andy Reid.
SmartSelect_20191015-104945_Firefox.jpg

And are you confident that any of this will change? Chiefs will have to win in spite of him, not because of him.

KC will have to basically avoid getting in a close game, when time management becomes important and a careless penalty makes a world of difference. In other words if KC gets off to a fast start, get a good cushion, then they have a great chance.

As to being confident I'll say here what I have said to many Chiefs fans when discussing Reid. It hasn't changed in 20 years I am going to have to see it change to believe it. I really hope he makes me look like a complete idiot (happens often LOL)

Getting off the a good cushion is how we have won many of the games with Reid. But over time they have shown that they are capable of recovering from a bad start and getting the win. So they have the ability to win a game like that even under Reid. But doing it against Brady and Belichick in their house is going to make it even tougher.

The only reason you are posting here is to see what it feels like to actually have a intelligent conversation with football fans.

On Chiefs Planet your Mother, Sister and local Priest would have already had serious sexual insults thrown their way just because you asked the board that same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes