PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From a Chiefs fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if I didn't make my thought clear. I am in no way trolling.

What I mean is over the years your team hasn't lost 2 games in a row very often. So I would have prefered you win yesterday. I don't know Belichick's career record coming off a loss but I would guess it's pretty damn good. He's just to good to have many losing streaks

I do hope you guys lose again Sunday that I am guilty of :)

Honestly there isn’t much to the “Patriots don’t have losing streaks” stuff. It’s really just math and probability. They win 75-80% of the time (with Brady/BB since 2001), so the odds are just very low that they’ll lose two straight games due to probability alone. In addition, they win well over 90% at home, so losing two in a row also practically requires two consecutive games on the road, which greatly narrows down the probabilities again. Losing to Houston has absolutely nothing to do with the Chiefs game. The Patriots lost two in a row last year, by the way, both road games, to Miami and Pittsburgh.

Honestly there isn’t much to the “Patriots don’t have losing streaks” stuff. It’s really just math and probability. They win 75-80% of the time (with Brady/BB since 2001), so the odds are just very low that they’ll lose two straight games due to probability alone. In addition, they win well over 90% at home, so losing two in a row also practically requires two consecutive games on the road, which greatly narrows down the probabilities again. Losing to Houston has absolutely nothing to do with the Chiefs game. The Patriots lost two in a row last year, by the way, both road games, to Miami and Pittsburgh.

It's probably just something that only I really think about LOL. But I just always hope you guys win before playing my Chiefs. I think more often then not Coach Belichick does a great job of righting the ship when you guys do end up dropping one

Chiefs fan eh? Welcome to the board! Quick question, can you tell me what this is a picture of?

sp1309.jpg

Welcome brother. If you are a Football fan, i think you'll find a home here, cause there are some very knowledge people around

There is also people who think they know a lot, but really can't even remember their own password, but that's beyond the point

Last edited:
Hello guys not here to troll you guys

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. It's one after you guys won the AFCCG I have been waiting for.

I was hoping you guys would win last night. It's very rare that you guys lose a game yet alone 2 in a row. I have no doubt that your guys will be on their game trying to get back in the win column. And that's not good for my guys.

From where I sit the biggest match-up in this game is Belichick Vs Reid. Belichick's defense vs Reid's offense. I wish I could say that I had more faith in this but I have to say advantage Belichick on that. He has just proven it to many times.

Hopefully, we see another great game. I would wish you luck but then I would be lying and lying is wrong :)

Welcome aboard.

I don't think you should have been rooting for a Pats win vs Houston. With a win this week KC will now be within reach of the #2 seed and a bye.

Btw, if you see many responses with the word torch spelled wrong it's because of a KC fan that came here last year.

Good luck on Sunday but not enough to win.

I have no idea
It's a reference to thread around the time of last year's AFCCG that was started by a Chiefs fan. Bonus points if you can find the thread and figure it out.

That wake up call is what scares me the most. Belichick is to just damn good to let things happen 2 weeks in a row.

Belichick always says that the players win games, not him. I firmly believe in that theory.

If ever there was a time that KC could come into Gillette and win, this is it. The Pats have been decimated on offense.

It's a reference to thread around the time of last year's AFCCG that was started by a Chiefs fan. Bonus points if you can find the thread and figure it out.
Oh right the "passing the tourch"

I actually posted in that thread. Forgot about that one

Belichick always says that the players win games, not him. I firmly believe in that theory.

If ever there was a time that KC could come into Gillette and win, this is it. The Pats have been decimated on offense.

In large part it is the players that go out and win the games.

I am big on coaching. I think if you go back to the AFC title game you see the coaching in full display. You guys were far and away more ready to play. You were more prepared in every aspect of the game. And that's why we didn't win. It wasn't Dee Ford it wasn't the OT rules. It was we were not nearly as prepared for that game as you guys were and you guys made us pay for it.

And that's why when It's Belichick Vs Reid I can never put much faith in Andy Reid

In large part it is the players that go out and win the games.

I am big on coaching. I think if you go back to the AFC title game you see the coaching in full display. You guys were far and away more ready to play. You were more prepared in every aspect of the game. And that's why we didn't win. It wasn't Dee Ford it wasn't the OT rules. It was we were not nearly as prepared for that game as you guys were and you guys made us pay for it.

And that's why when It's Belichick Vs Reid I can never put much faith in Andy Reid

Reid takes a lot of grief here, but he has to be doing something right to be as successful as he has been.

Reid takes a lot of grief here, but he has to be doing something right to be as successful as he has been.

Right to a certain extent, but not right enough to take him all the way to the Lombardi. His shortcomings would have to be overcome by a whole lot of luck and talent.

Right to a certain extent, but not right enough to take him all the way to the Lombardi. His shortcomings would have to be overcome by a whole lot of luck and talent.

They seem to be making some strides with their defense now that Spagnuolo is the DC. Look out if they ever figure out that side of the ball.

I once put it like this on our board. Andy is a very good NFL head coach. If you are a franchise that has been struggling then he is a great choice to get things turned around and lay the foundation of what can be a championship-level team. But when you get to that point you get stuck under Andy Reid. He will make the same mistakes over and over again and you know the ending isn't going to be good (if you're a fan of the Chiefs)

I get a lot of flack from other Chiefs fans for being critical of him. But it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back