PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free-agent linebacker Heath Farwell to visit Pats [re-signed with Vikes 3/6/09]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Free-agent linebacker Heath Farwell to visit Pats

Sounds like the Pats offered him a contract, but obviously not as much as Minnesota did. Reading between the lines I'd guess he's also more comfortable staying in a familiar situation, and despite the pats situation at LB is more convinced he might get a chance to play LB for the Vikings than he would with the Pats.

That just seems like a lot to be paying a ST player though, in my opinion.

Farwell signs three-year deal

Farwell visited the Patriots and Browns and drew interest from several more teams. In all, he had four contract offers, but he decided to remain with the Vikings.

“I love it here,” he said. “I’m excited that things worked out the way they did. Minnesota brought me into the league and this is where I wanted to stay.”

Farwell, who was an unrestricted free agent, expressed his desire to find a situation where he could compete for a starting linebacker job. He knows that’s not likely to happen here, but he wants to be the fourth linebacker who can play all three positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back