PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For Whom Should We Root? Week 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This gets more interesting as playoff seeding and wildcard possibilities congeal…I do miss the complexity of the days when we had several other teams' picks.

Thurs Nite:
IND @ TEN:

My play is gonna be to ensure that somebody, anybody, beats the Jets out of a WC seed. Since somebody has to win each division, I want the 2nd place winners to have a better record than the JESTS. Big Tits win here.

SUN 1PM:
NYJ @ BUFF:

See above. Always liked Buffalo, but they must have done something awful to make the Football Gods so wicked pissed. Go Williams!

BAL @ CHI:
Don't like the Bears but want to enjoy the SB Champs fall from grace and of course the playoffs. Da Bayiz for the W.

CLE @ CIN:
Browns, to make the division winner a 3 or 4 seed.

OAK @ HOU:
Houston we have a problem. I don't want underachieving yet talented Houston getting wicked high draft picks, so Go Texans!

ARI @ JAX:
Don't care, but somebody needs to get those Top 5 picks so I'm rooting for JAX to lose and keep better teams from drafting top talent.

WAS @ PHI:
Rooting for the Dog Killah's team even w/o the dog killer to win. Deny the Jints and Cows the division and a playoff spot. Conflicted because I'm one of the 2 people left rooting for RG Release 3.0 and we do have the Eagles 6th valuable round draft pick.

DET @ PIT:
Pitt has suffered enough. Their squealing can be heard all along the East Coast. I hate Detroit & its players and need to keep Pittsburgh from rebuilding quickly via really top draft picks. Go Squealers! Let mediocrity prevail!

Were the Lions to win I hope that the Football Gods would have satisfied their feline win quota for the week.

ATL @ TB:
TB to keep Atlanter from stocking up in a down season.

4PM GAMES:
SD @ MIA:
This Phins implosion is super entertaining to watch. They're both 4-5 so I'm going with my Chaagiz for the W. Go Woodheads!

SF @ NO:
I like NO because I like Brees. Geaux Saints! Added benefit it helps my man Wilson win the NFC West.

GB @ NYG:
As enjoyable as America's 2nd Team the so beloved Packers fall from grace is, I gotta root for the Jints to lose and get the hell out of playoff contention. Let the Giants recover and play better when it's too late to win the division. No Clowney for you!

MIN @ SEA:
Keep losing Minnesota. Don't let the waste of top picks in the draft pass you by!

SUN 8:30 PM:
KC@ DEN:

Hmmmm. Let me think. For whom should I root? Unless KC implodes, possible but unlikely, they're in the drivers seat for the one seed. Seeing Satan Manning in the playoffs needing 4 games to glory is my goal. Two and out in January. Go Chiefs! (Apologies for any racist Native American offense taken)

Monday NITE:
NE @ CAR:

I'll be rooting for the Patriots. Many of you on the game day thread obviously have other preferences.

Re: Foe Whom Should We Root? Week 11

I used to love these threads. However, for now I just go with my base hatred and naturally root against teams like the Broncos and Jets. I've tried to root for teams on a "strategic" basis and it never works out. I really rooted for the Giants to beat the Jets in 2011 when both teams were in a do-or-die situation. I then rooted for the Giants to beat the Packers that year, thinking that GB offense was unstoppable. Last year, I rooted hard for the Ravens to beat the Broncos.

Easy always root against the Jets

Thurs Nite:
IND @ TEN:
TEN

SUN 1PM:
NYJ @ BUFF:
BUF

BAL @ CHI: CHI

CLE @ CIN: CLE

OAK @ HOU: IDC

ARI @ JAX: IDC

WAS @ PHI: IDC

DET @ PIT: DET

ATL @ TB: IDC

4PM GAMES:
SD @ MIA:
SD

SF @ NO: NWO

GB @ NYG: GB

MIN @ SEA: IDC

KC@ DEN:
KC

Monday NITE:
NE @ CAR:
NE, obviously.

I would rather have the Broncos win. I want to play them in the AFC championship game.

Re: Foe Whom Should We Root? Week 11

Thurs Nite:
IND @ TEN:

Root for the Titans to win, to hopefully keep the Jets out of the playoffs. Unfortunately that is going to be asking for a lot, with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB for Tennessee for the rest of the season.

SUN 1PM:
NYJ @ BUFF:

Rule #1: always root for the Patriots to win
Rule #2: always root for the Jets to lose

BAL @ CHI:
The Ravens are a detestable group, but they may represent the team with the best chance to keep the Jets out of the playoffs. Since rooting for Baltimore is such an odious endeavor, just root for the Bears to win.

CLE @ CIN:
Root for the Bengals to lose, knocking them further down in playoff seeding.

OAK @ HOU:
Agree with above, you don't want a talented team to get an early draft pick; root for the Texans to lose - just try not to think about Raider fans as you are rooting for Oakland.

ARI @ JAX:
Agree with above, the Jaguars are no threat in the foreseeable future; root for them to lose and lock up the earliest draft pick in the AFC.

WAS @ PHI:
I want the Giants to miss the playoffs, so an Eagle victory helps reach that goal. On the other hand the Pats do own a Philly draft pick, so I want them to lose. It's only a 6th round pick, so it's not all that valuable; I'll go with rooting for the Eagles to win.

DET @ PIT:
Similar to Houston, I don't want the Steelers to end up with early draft picks. Rooting for Pittsburgh may be too abhorrent, so just root for the Lions to win.

ATL @ TB:
Root for the Falcons, with the Matt Ryan BC-factor? Root for the Bucs, since I live in Tampa? I'll go with the Bucs, because the 'fire Schiano' crowd here had become so obnoxious.

4PM GAMES:
SD @ MIA:

Chargers have Woodhead and Philip Rivers, a pair of players a like and respect. There's not much of anything I like or respect about the Dolphins. On top of that San Diego is just one game behind the Jets in the AFC, though their remaining schedule (KC, @KC, @Denver) makes that possibility a bit of a long shot.

SF @ NO:
Pherein is pretty cool, Brees is much more likable than Kaepernick, and Payton is more likable than Harbaugh. Root for the Saints to win.

GB @ NYG:
Never root for a New York (or should I say New Jersey) team; root for the Giants to lose.

MIN @ SEA:
It seems as if Sherman, Carroll and Seattle fans have become rather smug the last couple of years. Although it is not going to happen, root for the Seahawks to lose.

KC@ DEN:

Too easy, root against Manning and Bronco fans.

Monday NITE:
NE @ CAR:

Duh.... well, unless your name is Ron Borges, Dan Shaughnessy, Michael Felger, ....

Last edited:
I will root for the Patriots and KC. Everyone else can bugger off, as our friends across the pond say.

Thurs Nite:
IND @ TEN: TEN

SUN 1PM:
NYJ @ BUFF: BUF

BAL @ CHI: either

CLE @ CIN: either

OAK @ HOU: either

ARI @ JAX: either

WAS @ PHI: either

DET @ PIT: DET

ATL @ TB: either

4PM GAMES:
SD @ MIA: SD

SF @ NO: SF
I like Drew and Colin but I am giving the edge to SF.

GB @ NYG: GB

MIN @ SEA: MIN

KC@ DEN: KC

Monday NITE:
NE @ CAR: NE

My standard methods always seem to work.

Root against, but not necessarily in this order.....
  • any team playing the Pats
  • any New Jersey team,
  • any AFC north team in this order; Ratbirds, Squeelers, Bungles, Brownies
  • any Manning team
  • any Harbaugh coached team
  • any team named for some kind of horse
  • any team with aqua or orange uniforms

??

If the Chiefs are the #1 seed, DEN will be the #5 playing the #4 and then the chiefs. It seems that no matter who wins, we would face only one of these teams in the playoffs, and that would indeed be in the Championship game. This scenario presumes that we are the #2 or the #3 seed.

As someone posted in another thread, the #4 seed will play both teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I would rather have the Broncos win. I want to play them in the AFC championship game.

Big Tits loss has bad implications. Worst of all it threatens Pats' position as 2 seed because were the Cats to win (horrors!) monday night, the Colts would have the better conference % record. Secondly the Tits are a distant chance at the wildcard giving the hated Jets a good shot at the WC. And yes, I do realize there's lots of football still to be played.

Meanwhile, here's the TV map for this weekend.

http://506sports.com

Notice that once again, most of NE features the Giants. WTF???

watch the giants win their division

If I didn't know better I'd swear the Eagles and Redskins play, like, five times a year. Seems like they're always freaking on.

It could be just NFC East fatigue. I hear you. Hopefully the NFC East sucking this year will give the networks' PTB pause before shoving their games and their teams down our throats at every opportunity in prime time going forward.

I have my doubts, though. It's the big media's favorite division by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call