PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football fandom has changed (Peter King article about "excitement")

Huh?
In his limited Patriots analysis, he focused on the D & ST getting waxed in the final 7 last year.

20. New England. Other than new OC Bill O’Brien, it’s hard to get excited about a team that finished losing five of the last seven, with the D/special teams allowing 29.7 points per game in the last seven weeks. And then defensive leader Devin McCourty retired.

At least he mentioned NE this week.
Bill Murray Reaction GIF
What a weird point? First of all, I’m pretty sure that number is not accurate. Second, I bet he didn’t take out points allowed by the offense like Meyers’ big blunder which is not on the defense or special teams. Third, the team signed and drafted multiple quality defense and special teams players and retained all of their starters from last year as well besides McCourty who retired. But King only mentions the guy who retired. Bizarre.

What a weird point? First of all, I’m pretty sure that number is not accurate. Second, I bet he didn’t take out points allowed by the offense like Meyers’ big blunder which is not on the defense or special teams. Third, the team signed and drafted multiple quality defense and special teams players and retained all of their starters from last year as well besides McCourty who retired. But King only mentions the guy who retired. Bizarre.
He hasn't paid any attention to NE since 12 left. That literally might be the entirety of the note that some staffer handed to him at NBC about NE so he could go back to focusing on the clubs he does care about.

Can’t stand the guy and his moral compass. Got his big break when Parcells gave him a perch back with the Giants. Same mold as Bob Costas with their crummy think pieces. Not sure how x’s and o’s got lost in good reporting but it just sucks now reading and listening to talking heads.

King is a grumpy douche. Sheer lazy commentary.

They allowed 25.4 ppg over the last 7 weeks.

While we are cherry-picking over the last 9 weeks they allowed 21.6ppg.

He hasn't paid any attention to NE since 12 left. That literally might be the entirety of the note that some staffer handed to him at NBC about NE so he could go back to focusing on the clubs he does care about.
I can't blame him for that. The AFC is stacked with great teams and Qbs right now. Unfortunately the Pats are not one of them. :(

I can't blame him for that. The AFC is stacked with great teams and Qbs right now. Unfortunately the Pats are not one of them. :(
No, that's fine. We're probably better with him not paying attention to us. But it does seem like he's really not paying any attention, if he's picking on the defense.

Huh?
In his limited Patriots analysis, he focused on the D & ST getting waxed in the final 7 last year.

20. New England. Other than new OC Bill O’Brien, it’s hard to get excited about a team that finished losing five of the last seven, with the D/special teams allowing 29.7 points per game in the last seven weeks. And then defensive leader Devin McCourty retired.

At least he mentioned NE this week.
Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Peter King is spot on. What do the Pats have to look forward to other than BOB possibly improving the offense? No guarantee Mac is going to get that much better. Plus have you seen the schedule?

Peter King is spot on. What do the Pats have to look forward to other than BOB possibly improving the offense? No guarantee Mac is going to get that much better. Plus have you seen the schedule?
I'm excited to see if the defense and special teams can play better. I think the defense has the chance to be something special, which is kind of the point of the thread. Him harping on the defense really feels like he was required to write something about a team he hasn't been paying any attention to at all. Which is fine, except why bother to write anything or pretend to be an expert if you're not going to do the work?

I'm excited to see if the defense and special teams can play better. I think the defense has the chance to be something special, which is kind of the point of the thread. Him harping on the defense really feels like he was required to write something about a team he hasn't been paying any attention to at all. Which is fine, except why bother to write anything or pretend to be an expert if you're not going to do the work?

I'm sure the defense and STs will be fine, but the team finished 8-9 last year because of the QB. Given a choice, I'd take a really good QB over a strong defense any day...

I'm sure the defense and STs will be fine, but the team finished 8-9 last year because of the QB. Given a choice, I'd take a really good QB over a strong defense any day...
the QB wasn't calling the plays, numbnuts...as usual you talk shyt out of your ass...like your heroboy Mahomes scumbag brother

the QB wasn't calling the plays, numbnuts...as usual you talk shyt out of your ass...like your heroboy Mahomes scumbag brother

@Ian I blocked this poster last week and am still getting notifications when he responds. Not only that, he can obviously read my posts when blocked.

Last edited:
@Ian I blocked this poster last week and am still getting notifications when he responds. Not only that, he can obviously read my posts when blocked.
Sad Baby GIF

Dude you reap what you sow. Take your lumps like a man. You come in here with your ******** and troll everyone. You have the audacity to cry to Dad when @Joker calls you on your soft as puppy **** posts? Man up.

Sure, but it seems weird for Peter King, a guy paid to follow football, to not acknowledge that the woes were primarily on the offense.

Ultimately, this is a make or break year for Mac. So if he’s not significantly better, the Pats are looking for another one.

But as a fan, I’m still hoping that the defense will be better than expected and maybe surprise a few teams.

Sad Baby GIF

Dude you reap what you sow. Take your lumps like a man. You come in here with your ******** and troll everyone. You have the audacity to cry to Dad when @Joker calls you on your soft as puppy **** posts? Man up.

just letting Ian know there are some kinks to work out in the new system…Joker’s comments don’t bother me.

just letting Ian know there are some kinks to work out in the new system…Joker’s comments don’t bother me.
there's no "kinks" to work out...I'm an original Pats fans member. I won't acknowledge you or anything you blither on about since you obviously are NOT a Patriots fan. Carry on little squaw.

They're training fans not to appreciate defense, hard hitting tackling, defensive strategy or the running game. In other words, most of the game of football. I never watch B12 football for precisely this reason. I don't get a kick out of watching wide open receivers make downfield grabs. I find it very boring.

One of the worst Super Bowls I've ever seen was last year's Rams vs. Cincy game since both teams were playing patty cake with soft tackling and even the offenses were sloppy and inept.

That being said, I appreciate Mahomes and the Chiefs for what they do on both sides of the ball.
I agree with this entirely. Something about the nature of the flow of the game has changed. The fun part about watching football is the slow build of tension over the game, and getting the payoff of a big finish every now and then.

A two score lead used to feel damn near insurmountable, now it's "meh". The big shootouts and the big comebacks become less special when they become routine.

oh really, would you?

I agree with this entirely. Something about the nature of the flow of the game has changed. The fun part about watching football is the slow build of tension over the game, and getting the payoff of a big finish every now and then.

A two score lead used to feel damn near insurmountable, now it's "meh". The big shootouts and the big comebacks become less special when they become routine.

Yep… There was a game during the 2021 season IIRC between the Lams & Queefs that was given a HUGE build-up by the non-men everywhere… Turned out exactly as they hoped and I dreaded: a game utterly and completely devoid of anything even resembling any effort on either side to play defense… ****ing disgusting… But hey, Chicks dig the Long Ball; so…

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back