PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Pats shopped Gronk before the draft, targeting Mayfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to get paid at either spot. If anything he's going to take a huge paycut in the WWE, and short of an honest to god miracle, he'll be lucky to clear 30k per movie, based on his lack of talent and range.
I agree with that, but that is where he is trending

I'm willing to believe it to a point.

The shift between Gronk's Monster appearance and mocking OTAs and such to suddenly having his agent announce out of nowhere only 3 days later that Gronk would be playing this season leads me to believe that Belichick called Gronk's agent and said "WTF is going on? Is he in or out? And if I don't hear right away, I'll be talking to other teams about trades."

It's possible. The team showed a ton of interest in the QBs of this draft and then didn't seem interested at all in one until Etling much later.
Bills and Jets think they struck gold would suck for us if it did.

I'm buying it too.

No totally sure how serious it got but I'm sure there were some calls made.

Ya but not last Friday, and no one threatened to quit over it as wingnut Kirkjian claims

2015: Knee strain. Missed 1 game.

If you are talking about the bone bruise he suffered against Denver on yet another play he was hit then there was again no way to avoid that.

This is definitely not a "no-contact" injury

The other two issues are something that maybe could have been avoided especially the hip one. Two instances in over 7-8 years are nothing to be upset about. The strength and conditioning team has done their job good enough for the most part.

Ya but not last Friday, and no one threatened to quit over it as wingnut Kirkjian claims
Oh yea.

I do think back when Rosenhaus was up here was when it was going down.

Idiotic if true.
Not really. It is VERY unlikely that they were shopping him to the highest bidder. Maybe they were just trying to find his POSSIBLE trade value, expecting to find that (as someone else said) his value to this team is indeed much higher than his trade value. Yes, you want to know that. I bet they also know the trade value of Hightower, Mason, DMac, Gilmore, and a whole host of other players that they certainly do not want to trade. But arming yourself with relevant information is worthwhile, and the only way to find out that information is informal throw-it-on-the-wall trade talks.

I don't see the surprise in this, I would assume that all kinds of trades are discussed before the draft. It is a discussion where you ask "what would it take" and then you throw out possible trades. Probably happens every day before and after the draft, and twice as much before cut down day.

If the Emperor was indeed "making" phone calls and not just "taking" them, then the Entire upper management are bold-faced Liars...which should come as No surprise to anyone.

If the Emperor was indeed "making" phone calls and not just "taking" them, then the Entire upper management are bold-faced Liars...which should come as No surprise to anyone.

Keeping those standards coming :) What do you do again?

All Kraft did was deny he vetoed a trade. He may in fact be telling the truth. Kraft is absolutely a man who you need to parse his words with. Hes very measured and gifted in language.

I bet Bill and Nick sent some feelers out may have even had some potential deals that needed more massaging but once he got Gronk's assurance he was in the fold and assurances Rosenhaus was going to be reasonable with a restructure Bill took his foot off the gas.

Well Kraft and the other 31 that he cares about so much are unethical dirtbags. All short of moral compasses. All they all care about is money so that he may have lied about this doesn’t come as a surprise to me.

If you are talking about the bone bruise he suffered against Denver on yet another play he was hit then there was again no way to avoid that.

This is definitely not a "no-contact" injury

You’re correct. I had forgotten about the circumstances surrounding that injury.

The other two issues are something that maybe could have been avoided especially the hip one. Two instances in over 7-8 years are nothing to be upset about. The strength and conditioning team has done their job good enough for the most part.

Those two, all the other times Gronk has pulled up a bit lame in-game but not added to the injury report, all the other players in this era for this team that have sustained those types of injuries, etc. LOL at the notion that the same conditioning staff that Gronk had spent most of his career around and got handed their walking papers after 2015 “did their job good enough”. And, to be honest, after a relatively healthy 2016, this one doesn’t seem to be trending up considering the rash of those nagging types of injuries in 2017 either.

Funny how people on here suggest they'd trade Gronk only after a rumor floats around.

The things Kraft denied - he would not admit if were true.

tumblr_lpzxjoeZxZ1qahybmo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call