PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: League currently investigating teams faking injuries

Easy fix, injured guy has to sit out for 15 minutes of playing time.

So anyone that does it in the 4th quarter is done.

Call it a “player safety” issue rather than a “anti faking it” issue.

Player can come back if the team uses a TO.

I think 15 minutes would be too harsh, but making it 3 plays instead of 1 in the final five minutes of the game would nip it. No way a player wants to come out for 3 plays in that kind of crucial spot, and if a team wants to play a bad player they don't care about for a snap just to fake an injury, that's an advantage for the offense on that play anyway. But like you said, use a timeout and they can come back in immediately.

breaking news GIF

The NFL sucks.

FIFA is taking notes ...

why-soccer-players-fake-injuries.jpg

Great there goes our first rounder again.
I believe Tom Brady was on the 'injury list' a record amount of times as a quarterback. It was all gamesmanship and didn't mean anything, people knew Brady was going to start. But I really wonder if there's going to be actual enforced penalties for this sort of 'fake injury list' gamesmanship? Every team does it, but it's just mind games, not really affecting the product on the field.

Oh nevermind, they're talking about players faking getting hurt to slow down the game. OK, yes I hate that too. But how do you determine if the player is actually hurt? Are they going to have a refree/doctor checking these guys? And will this actually scare players who are hurt from indicating that they are hurt for fear of a penalty flag? It's a slippery slope.

Exactly. 55 did it and we all called it excellent gamesmanship which it was and is. The league has an addiction to the over legislation over the game. Letting some of these rules, especially the defensive ones, go would breathe new life into the game.
“Gamesmanship.” It’s cheating, and in kind of a disgusting way.

“Gamesmanship.” It’s cheating, and in kind of a disgusting way.

That's an overstatement. It didn't directly alter the game's outcome, just bought a little time. Besides, Willie always was a quick healer.

That's an overstatement. It didn't directly alter the game's outcome, just bought a little time. Besides, Willie always was a quick healer.
Getting more time to make substitutions and think about play calls doesn’t alter an outcome?

Getting more time to make substitutions and think about play calls doesn’t alter an outcome?

Maybe yes, maybe no. That's why I said it didn't DIRECTLY alter the outcome. No evidence Willie's (alleged) flop did that.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the World Cup? I can't. The utterly embarrassing feigning of injuries makes it unwatchable.

Behold, the mentality of one who loses.
Yeah man because people don't cry like crazy on here when other teams fake injuries against us.

Anyone remember the 2 Giants guys going down at the same time against the Rams? Probably 10 years ago now

“The New Orleans Saints deny any allegations of purposefully delaying the game on Monday evening,” the team’s statement says. “Defensive end Cameron Jordan felt foot pain following a third down play and sought medical attention. He entered the blue medical tent and was examined by the medical staff and following the examination he was taped and able to finish the game. He had an MRI performed the following day in New Orleans and was confirmed that he suffered an acute mid-foot sprain in his left foot. He has been at the facility each day receiving treatment for his injury he suffered on the play. The Saints will appeal the fines through the proper channels and believe the allegations will be proved incorrect.”

Saints deny Cameron Jordan faked injury, say he is receiving treatment for foot sprain - ProFootballTalk

As I posted earlier:

More stupidity by the NFL

…waiting for the future lawsuit of a player who gets seriously injured trying to ‘be tough and play through the pain’ because he doesn’t want to get fined.

Anyone watching the World Cup? I can't. The utterly embarrassing feigning of injuries makes it unwatchable.
The really dumb thing is how long they stay down. Like I get the flopping you might draw a foul. But get the f up after if they didn't catch it pretending to be hurt and crying isn't going to change it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back