PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores and Broncos not likely to happen?

Their last HC hire was an unspectactular defensive coordinator. Why would they hire another?

My guess Broncos are all in on Nick Foles.
Or Joe Flacco. Wouldn't be a terrible landing spot for him, assuming Manny Sanders comes back.

I never knew that was even something that would be likely.

Look the reality is a lot of guys are getting “interviews” only because of the Rooney rule...the Broncos never had any intention of hiring Flores....

IMO Brian Flores is a longshot period for a HC in the NFL, and not sure how anyone could hire him based on a small body of evidence, in a year or two more likely..

IMO Brian Flores is a longshot period for a HC in the NFL, and not sure how anyone could hire him based on a small body of evidence, in a year or two more likely..
Who's more qualified...a coach who has been a DC for 10 years for a mediocre coach and a run of the mill org or a coach who has spent 13 years operating in mutiple roles in scouting, front office, offense, ST and a sucesssful DC while being mentored by the GOAT of coaches for the best organization in football?

Who's more qualified...a coach who has been a DC for 10 years for a mediocre coach and a run of the mill org or a coach who has spent 13 years operating in mutiple roles in scouting, front office, offense, ST and a sucesssful DC while being mentored by the GOAT of coaches for the best organization in football?

Do not disagree, however if I were an owner would probably prefer someone with more of a body of work and more on the field evidence than Flores can produce currently. Look at the continual bashing in Detroit by the press about Matt Patricia, they are treating him like someone who has no idea of what he is doing. We can see the culture he is trying to create, the Detroit press is more intent on bashing him than trying to understand where he is going.

If he comes up with very creative defensive game plans that are executed well against teams in the tournament, that sentiment may change quickly.. difficult to determine if he is the DC or the Defensive Play Caller under the tutelage of BB....

As evidenced by this board and sportstalk, fans are quick to jump on any bandwagon and follow any conspiracy theory, I know media and sports talk do not matter but when you are in a sea of "nattering nabobs of negativity" and you are scrutinized for everything you do, it makes the job harder...

Their last HC hire was an unspectactular defensive coordinator. Why would they hire another?
I compare Anthony Lynn and Vaughn Joseph on the sidelines. Lynn looks engaged and fierce. Joseph looks perplexed. Flores is more Lynn than Joseph.

Do not disagree, however if I were an owner would probably prefer someone with more of a body of work and more on the field evidence than Flores can produce currently. Look at the continual bashing in Detroit by the press about Matt Patricia, they are treating him like someone who has no idea of what he is doing. We can see the culture he is trying to create, the Detroit press is more intent on bashing him than trying to understand where he is going.

If he comes up with very creative defensive game plans that are executed well against teams in the tournament, that sentiment may change quickly.. difficult to determine if he is the DC or the Defensive Play Caller under the tutelage of BB....

As evidenced by this board and sportstalk, fans are quick to jump on any bandwagon and follow any conspiracy theory, I know media and sports talk do not matter but when you are in a sea of "nattering nabobs of negativity" and you are scrutinized for everything you do, it makes the job harder...

I see what you are saying.

Fat Matt is digging his own grave in DET. He is not media-savvy at all. Hes a no BS kinda guy and that is not helping him. BB isn't either but he can get away with it.

Guys like Andy Reid, John Harbaugh and a handful of others were hired as HCs but were not OC or DC and went on to be successful. It can happen.

I have no idea if Flores can be successful or not. So many factors. As you know I don't think one year as a DC when he has all this other experience makes him a lesser candidate than a current hot coordinator.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back