PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flashback: Justin Fields Elite-11

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
In 2017 Justin Fields was the MVP of the Elite-11. He absolutely dominated including over Trevor Lawrence (like he did again, 4 months ago as well, over Clemson). His accuracy is incredible and clutch going through reads and in pressure situations here. Seems a bit introverted, that's fine he's more like a quiet assassin as Trent Dilfer called him. I don't buy the naysayers, I think this kid is going to be a star. He's been touted as a taller Russell Wilson, or Deshaun Watson without the harrassment.

I went to rewatch season 2 of QB1 on Netflix last night, just to get a feel for the kids personality, but season 1&2 have been removed now. Only Season 3 with Spencer Rattler is still up.

I went to rewatch season 2 of QB1 on Netflix last night, just to get a feel for the kids personality, but season 1&2 have been removed now. Only Season 3 with Spencer Rattler is still up.

I think the Justin Fields one is on Youtube split up into 6 parts... He's interviewed near the end of the first clip linked in the OP, and comes off as a quiet poised purposeful kid.

Here's a full clip of Justin Fields decimating Clemson at the Sugar Bowl 4 months ago and outdueling Lawrence like he out-dueled Lawrence 4 years prior at the Elite-11. 6 touchdown passes on the biggest stage, a Sugar Bowl record. He takes a massive shot to the ribs in the 2nd quarter and guts out the game throwing more TD passes. His story would make for a fun Madden player storyline if he ever became good: get passed over by your college coach because the other QB just went to and lost a national championship, transfer, get questioned with bogus rumors about work ethic or epilepsy, fall a bit in the draft and end up proving people wrong again.

In 2017 Justin Fields was the MVP of the Elite-11. He absolutely dominated including over Trevor Lawrence (like he did again, 4 months ago as well, over Clemson). His accuracy is incredible and clutch going through reads and in pressure situations here. Seems a bit introverted, that's fine he's more like a quiet assassin as Trent Dilfer called him. I don't buy the naysayers, I think this kid is going to be a star. He's been touted as a taller Russell Wilson, or Deshaun Watson without the harrassment.

I heard that Josh wanted to move up and get Fields but Bill wanted no part of him. ;)

I heard that Josh wanted to move up and get Fields but Bill wanted no part of him. ;)

I'm cool with getting Mac. Belichick himself was at the Alabama pro day so saw with his own eyes. All good here :)

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back