PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fire Tomase and his Editor Tomorrow (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fire Tomase and his Editor Tomorrow

Amazing... this story is still on the front page of the herald even with the clear denials and obvious shoddy "sources"!!!!

WTF
Its disgusting and pathetic. How could they even call themselves the "Boston" Herald. NO ONE in this area wants to hear about a super negative rumor about the Patriots on the night before the Super Bowl. A total disgrace.

Last edited:

Wait, why should a guy be fired for doing his job just because you don't like what he said? It's not like he hid the fact that this was all rumors from a single source.

I mean I hope it's all lies and all that too but you're talking about wanting a guy to lose his livelihood just because he said something relating to a football team. Get a grip.

Wait, why should a guy be fired for doing his job just because you don't like what he said? It's not like he hid the fact that this was all rumors from a single source.

I mean I hope it's all lies and all that too but you're talking about wanting a guy to lose his livelihood just because he said something relating to a football team. Get a grip.
No. He purposely held out on releasing this story until the day before the Super Bowl. A day before the biggest game in Patriots history and one of the biggest in New England Sports history.

He is a D-Bag and everyone around here knows it. It wasn't by coincidence the timing of this. Thats the thing I have the most problem with. Other than having no evidence, just an unnamed source, the timing was purposely meant to cause a **** storm and potentially distract the Pats(not like that will happen),

I sent Tomase and the Herald an R-Rated email.

The Sunday Herald doesn't advance the story at all. There's nothing new, just "a source close to the team in 2001" says someone else did the filming. So the "source" isn't even the one who claims to have done it. This sounds like a sea-story, the kind of yarn a phony overhears and uses to impress nitwits.

Tomase is a jerk for doing this. Hopefully the locals won't be too kind next time he's out and about in town. I'm sure violence wouldn't be necessary in letting him know how much he sucks.

We got Borges fired didn't we? we are the consumers who are keeping that crappy paper in business...without us, none of those jokers have a job....it's not like he contributes much that joe schmo couldn't write anyway.

btw, i'm new here...i love the Pats!.

Even if this may have already been touched upon, it was fitting that the Rams allegation came on Groundhog Day (obviously having the movie in mind).

Anyway, kickoff is a mere hours away now!

Unfortunately, this isn't a rumor that Tomase cooked up for site hits the day before the superbowl. According to other reports, this rumor has been floating around for months and Goodell even looked into it specifically back around the time of the Jets game.

As unfortunate as it is, Tomase is just the first media person to get wind of this story.

He should be sued for plagiarism because this rumor is so old that the last time I heard it Tomase was still under 4 bills.

Such A Shame

It is such a shame that a promising young sportswriter
such as John Tomase
should imagine that the way to advance his career ... to get out of Dodge ...
was to piss all over the fans who used to buy his newspaper to read his stuff.

Perhaps Curran moving up and out ... Breer moving up and out ...
clouded his judgment. He imagined that all he needed was the
ONE BIG SCOOP ... the Pulitzer Prize-winning expose
that would set his career on fire.

Perhaps he found Ron Borges' notoriety enviable.
Perhaps he found Michael Felger or Dan Shaughnessy's infamy noteworthy
... or even admirable.
After all, he has shown some talent, some aptitude.
He is nominally qualified.

And people of mercy will hope that his wish comes true.

Because he will not be able to work in New England very much longer.
He very well may not be able to LIVE in New England very much longer.
Conceivably, it may not even be safe for him to TRAVEL in New England very much longer.

To think that all the accolades, the recognition, the admiration
will be denied him
merely because he is such a deranged
... delusional ...
traitorous
wretch
who now is fit only for employment by the NY Post or Daily News.

Re: Such A Shame

Tomase can be decent when he wants to be but he can't resist rumor mongering. He picked up on PFT's talk about us cutting Moss in the preseason and was blogging about a "rumored big cut" then passed Testeverde off as that big cut when nothing happened. Then this fiasco where he has nothing and tries to build it up into something - if he named names and named actions that he could back up, great. But he had nothing. Nothing. I sent him an email wishing him luck finding a new job because it's inevitable that he'll be looking for one soon enough.

I wish he would go to Wisconsin with Felger and Breer would come back - oh, to dream.

Firing is too good for Tomase.

Everyone: Send him hateful e-mails

[email protected]

John Tomase has succeed in elevating himself to the reprehensible level of Sid McDonough in SB 31 with his 'news' that Parcells was jumping ship. Way to wreck a team for the Super Bowl. This is just plain vicious abuse of journalistic pubication.

BUMP!!!
FIRE his stupid ass irresponsible piece of **** self.....6 years to bring this up and decides to do it on the eve of the superbowl with an unidentified source??? WHAT THE ****?!?!?!?!

Tomase = Tom Jackson

reprehensible

I recommend PatsFans.com remove links to the Herald from the site.

I am gonna email this a_$$hole right now

Ugh. If it didn't actually happen. Look at what you've done, Tomase. Are you ******* happy?

Hell yes he is happy one can not buy the PR attention this story brings him he has become the center of the the biggest sporting event in history. He is the man, he is famous, he is the Top Dog.

Why to hell do you think he did it. He has his 15 mins of fame screw everything else.

Last edited:

We should send a crew of 20 to follow Tomase everywhere he goes with our video cameras right in his face. Never allow than jerk a comfortable public moment again. Since he wants to be a superstar, he needs the superstar treatment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe