PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice he never fails to tell everyone how tough he is :rolleyes: The mans got some issues, I feel sorry for him

There is little way he did not suffer some type of concussion on that play.

This will be interesting to watch now with the NFL's concussion policy as is he should not play next week. Up to know he has managed to get his way but will he get his way with an independant neurological consultant?

I'm no doctor but even his coach said he was woozy after the game.

Once he is removed for the duration of a practice or game, the player should not be considered for return-to-football activities until he is fully asymptomatic, both at rest and after exertion, has a normal neurological examination, normal neuropsychological testing, and has been cleared to return by both his team physician(s) and the independent neurological consultant.

Last edited:
To be fair...Brett did say he saw Brady scrambling and laughed at the play that Tate took 65yds to the house saying something to the effect that Brady is amazing.:rocker:

Notice he never fails to tell everyone how tough he is :rolleyes: The mans got some issues, I feel sorry for him

Eight stitches is probably the average a hockey trainer puts into someone in between periods haha. Guess Favre has never watched a hockey game before.

I didn't see any blood on the towel ......

There was a fair amount of blood in his chin strap.

Stiill think he's amazing. Self absorbed or not, he played a heck of a game. super quick release, super accuracy. The close ups of his ball, he throws such a tight spiral. happy we won, wish him the best.

How many here would be out hobbling around on a stress fractured ankle ?

I didn't see any blood on the towel ......
I was just about to post what you said. I think that why people thought his jaw was broken, there was no blood. No blood on his chin no blood on his jersey, not blood on the towel. How could he be cut that badly without any blood? Something smells fishy here.

Last edited:
it was on his chin strap when he was on the field.

Speaking of the chin strap ... like why is he using a 1970's type chinstrap?

Last edited:
He got 8 stitches. He'll be fine. The question is will this injury take the fight out of Favre or will he still be chomping at the bit to start the next game even on a team that looks like it's going nowhere fast, and certainly NOT to the postseason.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but its pretty funny

Attachments

• 75365_1662055600063_1497414676_31637489_6659725_n.jpg
    75365_1662055600063_1497414676_31637489_6659725_n.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,583
To paraphrase the moron who was calling the plays with Aikman yesterday, my thoughts and prayers goes to to Brett Favre.... 's ego.

Well, the newsbreak lady on ESPN2 just voiced her expectation that Myron Pryor would be suspended.

Well, the newsbreak lady on ESPN2 just voiced her expectation that Myron Pryor would be suspended.

Oh pulllleaze! Even the announcers took a few looks at that hit and said that there was nothing illegal about it! If they even fine or suspend him, it will be because he dared to inadvertently injure the great Favre (almost puked in my mouth there).

I am not fan of anyone being injured in a game regardless of teams, but this guy just upsets me even more every week. He takes chances of hurting his body even more just for the sake of some silly record that will probably NEVER be beaten! I have never seen someone more self absorbed then him. I used to cheer for him a few years back until the Retire/not retired BS began...

I really thought that he had broken that jaw with the way that they were all acting, just a laceration? PFFFT!

If that happens, then defensive players SHOULD consider retiring like the guy on the Steelers. If you watch the play, it's more like Favre, in the act of throwing, drove his chin into Pryor than the other way around.

What was Pryor going to do? Decaptitate himself to make sure his helmet doesn't hit Favre? It was a clean hit where he just got under Favre's chin. It wasn't a helmet to helmet. If Pryor is even fined, it will show that the league is overreacting.

I was just about to post what you said. I think that why people thought his jaw was broken, there was no blood. No blood on his chin no blood on his jersey, not blood on the towel. How could he be cut that badly without any blood? Something smells fishy here.

As a mom with 4 kids, I have (unfortunately) seen a few gaping holes without any blood pouring out that still need stitches to close them up. There was blood on his chin strap & the towel; not a lot, relatively speaking, but I don't doubt that he needed 8 or 10 stitches to close the cut.

His presser is on now. He's fine. Don't even see a mark. I think he was about knocked out 'cause he says he remembers everything...unfortunately...

Says the foot's still broken, though...LOL He's just happy he could play at a high enough level under the circumstances...LOL Says he expects to play next week. Just let slip 8 stitches in his chin.

In one of my all-time favorite movies "Little Big Man" there is character named Mr. Merriweather, a snake oil salesman, who keeps losing body parts. Favre reminds me of him.

In one of my all-time favorite movies "Little Big Man" there is character named Mr. Merriweather, a snake oil salesman, who keeps losing body parts. Favre reminds me of him.

And then there's Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

"Just a flesh wound."

Except Favre doesn't hesitate to go into great detail about just how gruesomely in pain he is. He's more a "it's NOT jus a flesh wound" guy.

Oh pulllleaze! Even the announcers took a few looks at that hit and said that there was nothing illegal about it! If they even fine or suspend him, it will be because he dared to inadvertently injure the great Favre (almost puked in my mouth there).

I am not fan of anyone being injured in a game regardless of teams, but this guy just upsets me even more every week. He takes chances of hurting his body even more just for the sake of some silly record that will probably NEVER be beaten! I have never seen someone more self absorbed then him. I used to cheer for him a few years back until the Retire/not retired BS began...

I really thought that he had broken that jaw with the way that they were all acting, just a laceration? PFFFT!
Until Pryor gets through the entire week without a FEDEX letter from the League I'll be concerned the clowns running the show will overreact.

And Rob, Pryor's helmet contacted Favre's head, doesn't matter how it happened, the clown show in NYC can and have fined players just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes