PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre Tracker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to Jets

hoollllyy crap!!

wow

Re: Prisco:Favre to New York not the right answer for Jets

Farve is going to destroy that team before he even steps on the field. They thought Coles was upset before, Pennington/Clemens is going to be even more pissed. I wouldn't be surprised though if Brett just went back into retirement before then. Save everyone the hassle.

Really the Jests are just throwing money at the problem (like NYers do) and not fixing the issue of subpar coaching.

Pennington won't stay. But I think the funniest thing is the "vote of confidence" that Johnson gave MangIdiot and Tannenbaum. Obviously that meant nothing more than the fact that their jobs were on the line.

Ask Belichick to give up a 1st round draft pick who could contribute to the team for ten years to rent a nearly 40 year old QB (Favre will be 39 in October) for one year and he'd laugh hysterically.

Tell me week #2 didn't just become a nationally televised game!

The flexible scheduling doesn't begin until week 11, so I don't think the week 2 game can be moved from it's good ol' 1pm spot.

The second game @ Foxboro won't be flexed either seeing as it's already a prime time game. Thursday night on the NFL network, week 11.

I can promise you will miss Chad, when farve tosses his first bomb for a long completion...For some reason, people are ignoring Farves numbers last year, and ignoring the fact the Jets have a pretty solid team right now. The jets can run, their line is better, they have a good d, good recievers, and Farve is a gamer. He can scramble, and throw the long ball.......bad news.

Couldnt disagree with this more, lets break this down a lil:

Farve played his entire carrer in a west coast NFC system until last year he put up 2 consecutive years of subpar play (as you say check his numbers) he can not scramble as you say anymore at least not like you are implying. Now last year you are correct he had a very good year but why. Well how about that he had a healthy Driver a year older Jennings and a Seriously improved Dfence. Not to mention the fact that Ryan Grant was a steal for them. Now look at what the Jets have done this off season. They brought in one decent OL and one done OL in Woody, drafted a stud at linebacker, but he is a rookie, and a 29 year old DT who has 0 cartilege in his knees right now. They brought in no RB's to compete with Jones and no WR to aid Cotchery and an aging Coles. Now lets say by sheer accident they make the playoffs brady falls into a well and they beat the Pats to go to the SB. Now next year when he retires you have no first rounder and you are right back where you started. If they dont do that then they really were not a whole lot better than before and probably should have used this year to see what they have in clemmons. Explain to me how thats a good thing The object isnt just to win this year its to win the next one also

Ask Belichick to give up a 1st round draft pick who could contribute to the team for ten years to rent a nearly 40 year old QB (Favre will be 39 in October) for one year and he'd laugh hysterically.

Coach would give up his first round pick every year if it guaranteed a Super Bowl appearance, as would every team.

This may or may not be good for the Jets, but they definitely did not give up too much for Favre.

Coach would give up his first round pick every year if it guaranteed a Super Bowl appearance, as would every team.

This may or may not be good for the Jets, but they definitely did not give up too much for Favre.

So this guranteed a Super Bowl appearance?

So let me get this straight - the team that knows him best- Green Bay, doesn't believe that he can get them to the Super Bowl, but MangIdiot does?

:rofl:

MangIdiot better hope so - if not his football coaching CAREER is over.

The NY Times pretty much recognizes this as a desperate move as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/07/sports/football/07rhoden.html?ref=football

No one's going to doubt that Favre is better than Pennington or Clemens - thats a given. It;s just that if he doesn't get all the marbles NOW, Mangini's career is over.

Last edited:

My question is, will he even show up at Jets camp? I mean, the guy goes to GB, finds out he's traded, then heads straight home. I guess we'll find out today.

So this guranteed a Super Bowl appearance?

You really should pay attention. Particularly before posting all the juvenile trash talk.

The Jets only give up a first round pick if they go to the Super Bowl and Farve takes 80% or more of the offensive snaps.

Right now, they are only on the hook for a 4th round pick.

That's appropriate.

There's not much that would have made me hate the Jets more. Favre at QB is one of them. I can't wait to see him get tossed around.

It's official! Mangini is officially on the hotseat. I think he needs 10 wins now to save his job and I think he will fall several games short.

I think it will take until midseason for Favre to really feel comfortable with offense and his receivers. The problem is the Jets have a lot of games they were counting on as wins to get to the playoffs early in the season like Miami, Arizona, Cincy, etc. Now that Favre will still be on a learning curve during those games, those games are less of a guarantee. I can see the Jets being 3-5 by midseason.

Look at the Pats in 2006. Brady needed to get his time down with his receiver and it took midseason for them to get a real rhythm. It took Gaffney until the playoffs (or 10 weeks) to feel comfortable in the offense. And now you are talking about a new QB, not WRs.

The Jets are going to have to abandon a lot of their presnap adjustments initially. It will be near impossible for Favre to remember every receiver's route adjustment based on the opposing defense for every play by the start of the season. If they don't you will see a lot of plays where say Coles will cut in and Favre throws to the outside. Remember the problems the Pats had with this in the first half of 2006 and the receivers who screwed up only had to know their own adjustments not everyone's on the field.

I don't think it is a horrible trade although a third is too much to give up for Favre. It will be a third at least since the threshhold to get to a third is guaranteed to be met barring injuries. Favre is an improvement over what they have. Unfortunately, for the Jets, I don't think Favre is going to be a difference maker to make them a serious playoff competitor.

I'm pleased with this.
Favre inside the division only makes the season more interesting.
I'm not concerned that this puts the Jets over the top, so there is no fear about how much better they got.

It would be interesting if the Jets got a fourth rounder for Pennington - potentially getting Favre for free.

....and Brett, you ain't playing the vikings anymore dude....going up against NE twice a year......ouch!

So anything the Jets do is pointless if it doesn't elevate them above NE? Really? Then what's the point in the East even playing any games this year? NE is going to run away with the division regardless.

The Jets are trying something. If it works out they'll win a wild card (which is a possibility for any East team given how easy their schedules are). Do they have any chance to win the East or get to the superbowl (from a league with NE, Indy, and SD)? No.

I guess I just don't see how they would have been better off standing pat with known crap. You might as well take a chance with the unknown. Heck, it worked out for NE and Randy Moss last year (I'm not making a perfect comparison. I'm just saying that Moss was an outside unknown like Favre. We just knew he was better than the crap we already had).

I never thought I would ever agree with Prisco ever.

This should be hilarious. Favre was one of the greats, yes, but seriously. As reckless as Favre has been the last few years, BB is going to make him look like a rookie.

That would be absolutely fantastic.

It's cute how the Jets are grossly overpaying free agents and adding a 38 year old quarterback to their mediocre offense instead of solidly rebuilding for a better team in the future.

It's obvious Mangini is risking everything on this one season's sucess in order to save his job, as he knows that even before this this Favre trade anything less than the playoffs and he's gone.

Pennington will end up with the Bears or Vikings I'd say.

It's cute? Really? I love when people on the internet use diminutives like "cute" and "little" to try to demean their subject without seeming to stoop too far or to be harboring too much emotion toward it.

I'm sooooooooooo happy we get to hear more about Favre than any other division! Fav-ruh fever hits the AFC East!

Kill me now.

This should be hilarious. Favre was one of the greats, yes, but seriously. As reckless as Favre has been the last few years, BB is going to make him look like a rookie.

Now let me get this straight. He has about 4 total weeks to learn new play schemes, signals, plays, teammates, coaches, and over all way of football by a team who went 3 and 13 last year.....

Talk about going down hill fast....

Now let me get this straight. He has about 4 total weeks to learn new play schemes, signals, plays, teammates, coaches, and over all way of football by a team who went 3 and 13 last year.....

Talk about going down hill fast....
Oh yes. and wasn't his reason for leaving the game that he didn't have the mental strenght to watch film, and everything else during the weeks? He's going to come out slinging passes, so even Meriweather will be able to score a pick or two.

Last edited:

Oh yes. and wasn't his reason for leaving the game that he didn't have the mental strenght to watch film, and everything else during the weeks? He's going to come out slinging passes, so even Meriweather will be able to score a pick or two.

Hell I think BB would be able to catch a few....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back