PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fantasy help and opinions

Tucker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
How about we have a thread for those of us with questions of who to start over another player and the likes. I'll start:

I've got A. Peterson(MIN), MJDrew, and Thomas Jones on my roster; obviously Peterson will be one of my 2 starting RBs. Here's my dilema, do I start MJD who's got good stats against the titans or T.Jones against the dolphins weakened D? I'm leaning towards starting Jones. What do you guys think?

How about we have a thread for those of us with questions of who to start over another player and the likes. I'll start:

I've got A. Peterson(MIN), MJDrew, and Thomas Jones on my roster; obviously Peterson will be one of my 2 starting RBs. Here's my dilema, do I start MJD who's got good stats against the titans or T.Jones against the dolphins weakened D? I'm leaning towards starting Jones. What do you guys think?

It's almost a coin flip considering the match ups but I would feel better goin with the guy who gets into the end zone much, much more. MJD

Well Jones should be running behind an improved O-line and the Dolphins now have to back off the line because Favre is there. The Jags are facing a better defensive team although I think MJD is better than Jones. I think I would go with Jones.

Now my turn, this is for my 3rd WR but it is important since my #1 is Ocho-Cinco and he's playing against the Ravens... so, who would you start as your 3rd WR... Bernard Berrian (who is now a Viking) against GB or Donte Stallworth against Dallas? Donte lit up the Dallas D last year. I know TFB won't be throwing him the ball but Anderson is pretty decent and the focus will be on Winslow and Edwards.

I have Thomas Jones too, did you get Leon Washington as well? I have him, and if he's available in your league I'd get him, I just feel like he is the best back on that team and could be the starter if he can handle the reps.

My question: Hasslebeck or Schaub at QB? I'm leaning Schaub vs. Pittsburgh because all Hass' receivers are hurt and he's playing in Buffalo which is tough.

Well Jones should be running behind an improved O-line and the Dolphins now have to back off the line because Favre is there. The Jags are facing a better defensive team although I think MJD is better than Jones. I think I would go with Jones.

Now my turn, this is for my 3rd WR but it is important since my #1 is Ocho-Cinco and he's playing against the Ravens... so, who would you start as your 3rd WR... Bernard Berrian (who is now a Viking) against GB or Donte Stallworth against Dallas? Donte lit up the Dallas D last year. I know TFB won't be throwing him the ball but Anderson is pretty decent and the focus will be on Winslow and Edwards.

I don't like either Stallworth or Berrian this week but I would go with Stallworth.

I have Thomas Jones too, did you get Leon Washington as well? I have him, and if he's available in your league I'd get him, I just feel like he is the best back on that team and could be the starter if he can handle the reps.

My question: Hasslebeck or Schaub at QB? I'm leaning Schaub vs. Pittsburgh because all Hass' receivers are hurt and he's playing in Buffalo which is tough.

I would lean towards Schaub as well. Too many questions in SEA and maybe Schaub puts up a decent fantasy line after the Pit game is out of reach.

I would lean towards Schaub as well. Too many questions in SEA and maybe Schaub puts up a decent fantasy line after the Pit game is out of reach.

Schaub was the right choice, even though he had 2 picks the 2 garbage time TD's game him more points than Hass.

Of course I lost because my top 2 WRs did nothing (Colston and Housh) and me TE put up 0 points (Boss, don't ask why I started him).

What does everyone's #1 lineup look like, just out of curiosity? Here's mine:

QB: Matt Hasslebeck
RB: Brian Westbrook
RB: Thomas Jones
WR: Marques Colston
WR: T.J. Houshmanzadeh
WR: Marvin Harrison
WR/TE: Patrick Crayton/Santana Moss
TE: Donald Lee
K: Nate Kaeding
DEF/ST: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I don't like either Stallworth or Berrian this week but I would go with Stallworth.

Thanks for the info. I ended up dumping Stallworth and picking up Muhammad. Good thing since Stallworth didn't even play...

Well here is my start/sit question of the week...

Who to start at RB (2)?
Addai (vs Vikes)
C Johnson (vs Cinci)
McFadden or Fargas (vs KC)
S. Morris

At WR (1)?
Eddie Royal (vs SD)
Coles (vs NE)
Clayton (vs Houston)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes