PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extended Season Soon

In an attempt to “make more $”, the League will actually oversaturate and lose money in the end...
It's a non issue for the owners. When the league collapses the taxpayers will be on the hook. How much is St Louis taxpayers still on the hook for their stadium? How's that situation working out for Minnesota? We're just here to allow corrupt humans beings get filthy rich. What a pathetic society we are.

It's a non issue for the owners. When the league collapses the taxpayers will be on the hook. How much is St Louis taxpayers still on the hook for their stadium? How's that situation working out for Minnesota? We're just here to allow corrupt humans beings get filthy rich. What a pathetic society we are.
Yes, we are a fun species. We can build the pyramids, but we can’t remember if we locked the door (even though we KNOW we locked the door) !

Did you do the maths on that?
Yup. Let's say that the Pats and another AFC team both finish undefeated and the Pats get the #2 seed due to tiebreakers. They have to play on WC weekend, then punch everybody right in the **** through the SB. 16 season wins, 4 postseason wins.

I'm not so much thinking about the Patriots in this post...but all the guys that have worked so hard through their teen years, college and pros. Players that have worked hard to be exceptional at their position but their dream to make the NFL playoffs and more have failed at no fault of their own because their team consistently just misses the playoffs.

A little bit more inclusiveness in the playoffs with more Patriots Super Bowl wins? Yeah I'm ok with that.

Oops....someone doesn't like "more Patriots Super Bowl wins"

Last edited:
I've been a Patriots fan since the 70's. You'll have to excuse me if I find your argument untenable, but I've lived through 1-15 and still think expanded playoffs is a bad idea.

Same here....I had season tickets during 1-15...doesn't change my opinion.

I'm not talking about participation trophies and failure Colts banners...I'm just saying it wouldn't bother me much "IF" the number of playoff games stayed the same for the number one and two seed teams...and the rest of the other teams beat themselves up playing wildcard bingo.

Ok i hit a nerve LOL

Last edited:
Yeah, saw a PFT article yesterday about this. Soon the playoffs will look like the NBA and NHL where sub-.500 teams making it in is commonplace.

The idea of the bye only being for the team with the best record rather than the top 2 teams does have a bit of merit I guess. But I don’t want to see an NFL that mimics the NHL where regular season also-rans are consistently in the Super Bowl or even win it. And the idea of a Monday night wild card round game is just preposterous on its face. 1:00 / 4:30 / 8:00 on Saturday and Sunday is the only fair way to go.

The NFL is way over it's head in mediocre Teams. Empty seats. ratings down. An absolutely stupid Commish controlled totally by owners. Drugs, criminals, politics becoming part of the game. The gig is up. Now they want to show more of it's weaknesses.

ixit, post: 5634627, member: 5777"]Opens the door for 20-0![/QUOTE]
don-shula-560x539.jpg

Every one seems to agree on getting rid of the 3rd and 4th pre-season game.

This is an interesting compromise. Players will get their playoff bonuses if they play, and not have to play two more regular season games.

18 game schedule. Each team gets 2 byes. 2 preseason games. Super Bowl on a Saturday night. Pro Bowl on Sunday night (Or eliminate this game all together). They should also ensure there is not a scenario where the team with the better record visits the team with a worse record (IE Saints@Seahawks in 2010). Re-seeding needs to take place somehow like the NBA does.

I'm not so much thinking about the Patriots in this post...but all the guys that have worked so hard through their teen years, college and pros. Players that have worked hard to be exceptional at their position but their dream to make the NFL playoffs and more have failed at no fault of their own because their team consistently just misses the playoffs.

A little bit more inclusiveness in the playoffs with more Patriots Super Bowl wins? Yeah I'm ok with that.

Oops....someone doesn't like "more Patriots Super Bowl wins"
sounds like you are in favor of participation trophies

sounds like you are in favor of participation trophies

I'd like to see more wildcard teams beat themselves up before they play the Pats...

"I'm not talking about participation trophies and failure Colts banners...I'm just saying it wouldn't bother me much "IF" the number of playoff games stayed the same for the number one and two seed teams...and the rest of the other teams beat themselves up playing wildcard bingo."

Not sure why that's such a bad thing. I'm not worried about other teams...only the Pats....let the other teams beat themselves up.

Last edited:
Coming Soon: The quarterback who throws 100 passing TDs in one season!

I don't think they're going far enough.

I think all teams are in the playoffs except the divisional Basement dwellers.

All six Basement dwellers have a mini playoff bracket and the dweller champs get a ticket to the big dance.

Boom Shakalaka

Why stop there? Expand the regular season to 30 games, put teams in Nicaragua, Burkina Faso, Nepal and Swaziland then play a Round Robin playoff format, best of 3 each series before deciding the Super Bowl winner on Tecmo.

Greedy soulless motherf.ckers. NFL owners suck @ss.

The regular season is fine as is and the playoffs are perfect the way they are so naturally they need to be 'fixed' until they are broken, smdh. If they are that desperate for more product they should just add a second bye and increase the season to 18 weeks while leaving the game total alone.
You are certainly not wrong but it is not more “product” the owners want, but more money. If that means, more concussions, well....it’s a small price to pay....

You are certainly not wrong but it is not more “product” the owners want, but more money. If that means, more concussions, well....it’s a small price to pay....

Games are the product. An additional week of games that matter to broadcast would obviously generate more money.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back