PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Expert Picks for AFCCG - Patriots at Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirwan picked the Pats 30-28, but said that he could argue the game just as well for either team.

He thinks the Pats should go rope-a-dope again, just like the first game this year, letting Denver run all day. "Let them run for 300 yards if they want to...."

From game film, he thinks the Pats run defense is improved since the first meeting.

He thinks the Pats will be able to run the ball.

Points out that the Pats are only giving up 16 points a game over the last three games.

Kirwan picked the Pats 30-28, but said that he could argue the game just as well for either team.

He thinks the Pats should go rope-a-dope again, just like the first game this year, letting Denver run all day. "Let them run for 300 yards if they want to...."

From game film, he thinks the Pats run defense is improved since the first meeting.

Points out that the Pats are only giving up 16 points a game over the last three games.

Fwiw, Denver is only giving up an average of under 15ppg over last three games. Granted they didn't exactly play offensive juggernauts. I think you can throw stats out this Sunday IMO.

Fwiw, Denver is only giving up an average of under 15ppg over last three games. Granted they didn't exactly play offensive juggernauts. I think you can throw stats out this Sunday IMO.

If SD was a half decent team they would have scored 24+ vs the broncos last week

On Inside the NFL they had Joe Montana and he and Collinswoth picked the Pats to win this Sunday...

On Inside the NFL they had Joe Montana and he and Collinswoth picked the Pats to win this Sunday...

Montana talked about Tom and how he plays the game. He said Tom is like him as a QB. Montana also had some compliments for Tom also if I am remembering correctly.

I don't see DEN running wild tomorrow like they did last time. Not saying he is the next Ted Washington but Sealver's presence on the line has allowed the other lineman and LBs to play their lanes and penetrate gaps more. I think their run D is average but better than when they played DEN in Week 13.

The Pat's D is pretty balanced now. OK run D. OK to good pass rush. Good to very good secondary and with Collins, Fletcher and even Hightower are playing the short to medium routes better.

The Patriots are underdogs. Get no respect. Us against the world! Well that suits me just fine!! Pats love the disrespect and are just going to use that as fuel and motivation. Watch out Peyton Manning, we're coming for you!!

Go PATS!! :rocker::rocker:

The Patriots are underdogs. Get no respect. Us against the world! Well that suits me just fine!!

I agree. I mean going up against The Greatest Offense in the Entire History of the Universe (tm). Oh, my....

The most interesting aspect of this game will be which offensive game plan New England chooses. Run to set up the pass or vice versa? I have nightmares of the San Diego game where they stuck with establishing the run first (and staying with it until it was too late). I think I'd rather Brady start the game with a hurry up, passing strategy. If I could make a deal with the devil I would choose a 8 yard run behind Mankins or Solder, but I couldn't bear the more probable start of a handoff feeding right into Denver's hands and leading to a one yard loss and a quick three and out. I think the first couple of series are going to be huge in determining the game's outcome.

for what it's worth, i think they will attack the broncos secondary from the beginning and set up the running game vs. using the running game to set up the passing game.

Pure white beautiful snow falling from the sky here in the Patriot hometown vicinity .... it's a message from the soccer gods ... manna from the sky ... pureness of football skills, excellence, dedication and knowledge shall be rewarded on the 7th day. :D:D:D

For Ditka I think the Pats pick is about their toughness, which has always been a point of emphasis for him when picking games, and I agree with him that winning the fistfight is essential to winning games. For Hoge taking the Patriots had to be an unexpected but necessary choice as he has made his name on ESPN as the guy who always takes the superior run game, and even though the bronco's have Moreno, who is really good, the Patriots overall run game is much deeper and much nastier, and it would be next to impossible for him to overlook that and go with Denver.

As for Mike Greenberg, I would be concerned if he chose New England, he's a moron.

Who did Faulk pick?

Mike Reiss: If the Patriots can keep the Broncos to a 50 percent or less success rate in the red zone, where Denver ranked No. 1 in the regular season, I think they win the game because of their ball-control, power-running approach. It's a tall task, but in a season in which they've surprised at almost every turn, I think they'll find a way.
Patriots 27, Broncos 24

red zone D...bend but don't break

Most of the people I respect picked the Pats. The kind of people who spin sports-stories every year like "Is Colin Keapernick (sp) the best quarterback of all time?" picked Denver.

Most of the people I respect picked the Pats. The kind of people who spin sports-stories every year like "Is Colin Keapernick (sp) the best quarterback of all time?" picked Denver.

They were on this morning and sounded like they were preparing themselves for a possible Manning loss. They didn't think that a Manning loss today would matter to his legacy. Huh?!? That's true for Brady, but not at all for Manning. Waking up to two guys trying to spin it another way was kind of comical.

Saw this in Shaughnessey's column today (I know; but it's the only day I get the paper delivered so figured no harm):

Las Vegas bookmakers set the Broncos as favorites immediately after the divisional-round games were played, but the past week has seen a gradual (and decided) shift toward the Patriots. It’s been a national celebration of Belichick and Brady’s greatness while Manning and the Broncos are postured as choke artists, waiting to lose the football game and their manhood at Mile High Sunday afternoon.

Seriously. In these final hours and minutes before the game, EVERYONE seems to be picking the Patriots. I can’t even find anyone in Denver who likes the Broncos anymore.

I've definitely noticed the shift starting around midweek. Very pronounced. It's a little unsettling (see Marshall Faulk picking Pats in SB 46). But it's also a positive and (I like to think) the result of people digging a little deeper and seeing how this team has evolved, especially the last four or so games.

Saw this in Shaughnessey's column today (I know; but it's the only day I get the paper delivered so figured no harm):

I've definitely noticed the shift starting around midweek. Very pronounced. It's a little unsettling (see Marshall Faulk picking Pats in SB 46). But it's also a positive and (I like to think) the result of people digging a little deeper and seeing how this team has evolved, especially the last four or so games.

I think everyone wanted to stand apart and pick the underdog ending in a lot of picking the pats. Lets face it, Broncos are at home, prolific offense, perfect weather, banged up new england team,very good homefield advantage- no way denver should lose this game. So people picking the pats are simply going by the reputation of BB and Brady. The same people picked manning and the colts to beat the patriots in 03 and 04 until they sealed their reputations.

Experts have to say something.

Those who count will be on the field or sidelines.

just under 5 hours until kickoff....then again, I have to miss the first 40 minutes of the game, but I'll be caught up by halftime.

Those who count will be on the field or sidelines.

As I said out here earlier in the week, while I dearly want the Pats to win, I can live with either outcome as long as it is the players who determine the winner and not the Officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents