PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excellent Ben Volin article on the Titans game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Ben Volin article

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

kramer-mind-blown.gif

Your title had an oxymoron in it
My first thought when I saw the title of the thread, and while the article may be complimentary, I wonder how long it will take for Volin's exclusive on how the Jags are going to beat the Pats because they are distracted by their coordinators going elsewhere.

My first thought when I saw the title of the thread, and while the article may be complimentary, I wonder how long it will take for Volin's exclusive on how the Jags are going to beat the Pats because they are distracted by their coordinators going elsewhere.
I didn’t read it, I assumed he was saying the coordinators put in extra effort this week so they can get hired away.

I'm not familiar with Ben Volin or whatever he is supposed to have done. He's just the author of the article, which was a very good article, which is why I used his name in the title of the post about the article.

Last edited:
I didn’t read it, I assumed he was saying the coordinators put in extra effort this week so they can get hired away.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the headline in the paper this morning, so I initially didn't read it! It turns out the headline writer did Volin a disservice. It's simply a look at highlights of the game planning and play selection from the Titans game that show off why the two coordinators are such hot commodities.

Credit where credit's due: it's a perfectly good article, and unlike the vast majority of coverage its actually about FOOTBALL rather than locker room rumors or tomato cans. Maybe if we're nice to Ben and give him a lollipop for this, he'll deliver more of the same?

If anyone out there is a Lewis Black fan, the title of this post was equal to him hearing "if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." I, too, almost had an aneurysm over it. :)

The surprising thing, and I guess it shouldn't be since most teams are doing it now and I watched the game myself, is just how much man coverage the Titans did play. Again, I guess it shouldn't have surprised me considering that everyone in the league now believes that is the way you play the Pats offense. It's just now every team has the personnel to do it effectively, or so it seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back