PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Examples of Reid’s poor playoff decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year had a 21-3 lead against the Titans in the playoffs and lost. :eek:

I don’t recall Indy ever being in the game last week. The Chiefs kicker outscored Andrew Luck
Prior Indy playoff game a few years ago when kc blew a big lead.

I don’t recall Indy ever being in the game last week. The Chiefs kicker outscored Andrew Luck
Reid is a great coach with probbaly the best offensive mind in the NFL. Top that off with the most talented young QB since Luck entered the league and a dynamic playmaker like Hill and regardless of known time management issues, its a super tough matchup. Overall, Reid is super smart and a great coach. If somehow the Patriots pull off the upset, it won't be because of a Reid miscue.

That game Indy pulled a huge comeback a few years ago he ****ed up with the timeouts big time.

New on the bandwagon?

The infamous Reid choke job in Indy a few years ago.

I wasn’t starting this thread to imply Reid is going to mismanage the clock or choke. I was more curious about what specifically he has done in the past. I remember Marty Schottenheimer and (until he finally won) Bill Cowher would play extremely conservative in the playoffs and lose, often punting on 4th and one on opponent territory, as well as smash mouth gameplans they stubbornly stuck to even though they weren’t working.

Clock mismanagement is a "poor playoff decision"

As the game unfolds, deciding to not use up the clock up 21 points is a "poor playoff decision"

Poor playoff decisions lead to choking.

Does anyone have any example of Andy Reid’s questionable playoff decisions? I know a lot criticism has had to do with time management. In SB39, the Eagles ridiculously did not go into hurry-up in the fourth quarter, though there have rumors that McNabb, and not Reid, was the problem.

I remember Reid’s reputation leaving Philadelphia was great regular season coach, bad big game coach, but I don’t remember specific gaffes. Does anyone recall any? And do you think this reputation is undeserved and more a result of hindsight, or is it really a pattern of clearly bad decisions? One thing I will point out is that he has rarely had the better QB in big games.
One bad decision is wearing a big red coat and looking like a giant apple or tomato.

I think he was referring to the 45-44 game a few years ago when KC let a 21 point lead get away in the second half...

I remember a lot of what others have said happening in games (and witnessed it in the SB at the end of 2004 - we were at the game and I remember whispering to the Eagles fans in front of us, "you guys are going to run out of time...").
I was there too. Near the end of that game when the Eagles offense inexplicably kept huddling when they should've been in hurry up, a Pats fan sitting near me was calling out "Tick ... tick ... tick ... tick ... " ;)

Some people choke until they don’t - see 2004 Red Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes