Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@RapSheet: The Eagles just released Evan Mathis

Time to use that cap space?

@nfldraftscout: "Should my team pursue Evan Mathis?"

Unless your team is the Ravens, Cowboys or Packers, yes.

@nfldraftscout: Lot of teams are going to want this guy. No. 2 ranked guard in #NFL1000. @EvanMathis69 https://t.co/YyG58ierGr

Now available to the highest bidder.....

@nfldraftscout: Evan Mathis is 33, turns 34 this season, so I'd look for him to try and get on a team he can win a ring with.

...or the most desirable bidder. Older players sometimes go to winning vs cash. Others, as our pal Revis, like to get paid.

Broncos have the room to sign him? They need him the most, right?

Do the Pats really want to spend big $$$ on an aging LG ? Find a veteran CB to sign and I'll be happier.

Denver is the most likely destination because they are the most desperate but I really hope the Patriots make a hard run at him.

I actually don't think our line is that bad. But, if he can be had for cheap then sure. Tre Jackson is pretty much groomed to play right away right?

Do the Pats really want to spend big $$$ on an aging LG ? Find a veteran CB to sign and I'll be happier.

You can only work with what is available and I would love to see Mathis bridge the gap for the young guys.

We have a hole at LG and Mathis would fit nicely. Do it. The team has the cap space for such a move.
Looks like the team is at ~$11m in space.

Why did the Eagles cut him btw?

I actually don't think our line is that bad. But, if he can be had for cheap then sure. Tre Jackson is pretty much groomed to play right away right?
We don't know yet. Both G positions are still a question.

Cut Gilbert and Wright today..

Replace them with Flynn and Mathis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back