PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Still At It

Do I take the 12-3 playoff team out of the better conference or the 12-8 team that couldn't win in Atlanta? Hmmmm.

The better conference BS doesn't matter in the championship. See Pats/Giants or, for the NBA, Heat/Mavs.

Every time I think about the Finals I am left wondering the exact same thing as scout. The Celtics play better defense individually and collectively. Gasol doesn't defend well and isn't the prototypical center, so I think the two bigs for the C's (KG and Perk) will tear up the boards and make it really, really tough on him.

The Lakers have been on a tear, but the Celtics have matured greatly since the playoffs began and look to be peaking at just the right time. I love that they showed some serious championship calibre play in game six, on the road, down ten and taking it (dry) from the refs.

Call me crazy, but for a first time playoff team with veterans that haven't won championships, I think the trial-by-fire efforts of back-to-back seven game series to open the post season will be a good thing (as I think we've already seen).

It's gonna be a fun series and I think it'll go to six games at a minimum.

Honestly, I've been saying Celtics in five, but after all the mass media bliss and to further pile it on, boston fans on this site, I've decided to change my prediction:

CELTICS SWEEP GFY'S.

Honestly, I've been saying Celtics in five, but after all the mass media bliss and to further pile it on, boston fans on this site, I've decided to change my prediction:

CELTICS SWEEP GFY'S.

LOL (10 characters)

CELTICS SWEEP GFY'S.

Reverse psychology, I guess?

I've said it before, you only set yourself up for heartbreak when you come in talking smack before the first game is even played. It'll sting a whole lot more if the results don't end the way you'd want.

Last edited:
Reverse psychology, I guess?

I've said it before, you only set yourself up for heartbreak when you come in talking smack before the first game is even played. It'll sting a whole lot more if the results don't end the way you'd want.

If you thought the Patriots would win a Superbowl, you wouldn't predict a score?
I don't think L.A. can stay with Boston. Not only are the big three going to score their points and play team defense, but you will see a couple of monster games from two other Celtic players. If L.A. doesn't bring Odom inside who is taking the rebounds away from Perkins? Not to mention he'll probably get a double-double in one game complimenting whoever is hot for Celtics. Rhondo will be active defensively and offensively. Derick Fisher is not going to outplay Rhondo. Kobe is not that superior to King James. He isn't as good defensively as James and no where as strong. Heartbreak, losing is heartbreak, doesn't make any difference what I say or think.

If you thought the Patriots would win a Superbowl, you wouldn't predict a score?
I don't think L.A. can stay with Boston. Not only are the big three going to score their points and play team defense, but you will see a couple of monster games from two other Celtic players. If L.A. doesn't bring Odom inside who is taking the rebounds away from Perkins? Not to mention he'll probably get a double-double in one game complimenting whoever is hot for Celtics. Rhondo will be active defensively and offensively. Derick Fisher is not going to outplay Rhondo. Kobe is not that superior to King James. He isn't as good defensively as James and no where as strong. Heartbreak, losing is heartbreak, doesn't make any difference what I say or think.

How quickly you forget.

I didn't think Atlanta could stay with the Celtics, but they did for 7 games. I didn't think Cleveland could stay with the Celtics, but they did for 7 games and damn near took that series.

Now you are telling me that a team with the best player and coach in basketball and considerably better talent all around is going to get swept by the Celtics when Atlanta, 8 games under.500, and Cleveland, only 8 games over .500, took them to the limit. And your reasons are just horrible. The Big Three will score and play defense. Kendrick will have a double-double. Rondo will be active on defense and offense. D'uh. I see your logic. :rolleyes:

And don't kid yourself, Kobe is much better offensively and defensively over LeBron. But LeBron does have the strength, so I guess that's something.

How quickly you forget.

I didn't think Atlanta could stay with the Celtics, but they did for 7 games. I didn't think Cleveland could stay with the Celtics, but they did for 7 games and damn near took that series.

Now you are telling me that a team with the best player and coach in basketball and considerably better talent all around is going to get swept by the Celtics when Atlanta, 8 games under.500, and Cleveland, only 8 games over .500, took them to the limit. And your reasons are just horrible. The Big Three will score and play defense. Kendrick will have a double-double. Rondo will be active on defense and offense. D'uh. I see your logic. :rolleyes:

You think the Atlanta team which was 8 games under 500 was the same one in which played the Celtics?
Who says that L.A. has considerably more talent all around then the Celtics? I'll give you Kobe. The Celtics starting five is better then L.A's. The first three off the Celtics bench is also better then then L.A.
Whatever dude. After the Celtics take the first two games in Boston we'll start to see all the media and all the disbelievers here change their tunes.

You think the Atlanta team which was 8 games under 500 was the same one in which played the Celtics?
Who says that L.A. has considerably more talent all around then the Celtics? I'll give you Kobe. The Celtics starting five is better then L.A's. The first three off the Celtics bench is also better then then L.A.
Whatever dude. After the Celtics take the first two games in Boston we'll start to see all the media and all the disbelievers here change their tunes.

So which Hawks teams showed up, was Dominique on this team?

The Celtics starting 5 are possibly better the Lakers, but not by much. However, the Celtics starting 5 were MUCH better than the Hawks and the Cavs, yet we almost saw two upsets in the making. And also, didn't we see the Celtics win the first two home games against the Hawks and Cavs, yet that quickly evened out. Now again, no one is saying who will win the series. Not on my end. All I'm asking is how will the Celtics sweep the series since that was your claim. Because so far your reasons are pretty horrible, "scout." And "whatever dude" doesn't count as a valid reason.

The Celtics starting 5 are possibly better the Lakers, but not by much. However, the Celtics starting 5 were MUCH better than the Hawks and the Cavs, yet we almost saw two upsets in the making. And also, didn't we see the Celtics win the first two home games against the Hawks and Cavs, yet that quickly evened out. Now again, no one is saying who will win the series. Not on my end. All I'm asking is how will the Celtics sweep the series since that was your claim. Because so far your reasons are pretty horrible, "scout." And "whatever dude" doesn't count as a valid reason.
just making a point here. there is no logic in sports. you can have all the best reasons to support your argument and you can still be wrong . patriots fans should have learned that by now. myself and almost all patriots fans and all the so called experts were going on and on with all kinds of great reasons the pats couldn't lose . well we know what happened. the Celtics have a great chance to win. why because in sports anything can happen its that simple. alot of times a team struggles against a team that most think they should dominate like hawks and the Celts. but that doesnt translate to anything when evaluating another series. it took the Celts 7 games to move on against the hawks but it only took 6 to move on against the pistons a team that's much better than the hawks . its a game played by people not computers. anything can happen.

You want to buy into all the hype, then go for it. Phil Jackson the best coach, not by a long shot, tho he is better then Doc. Kobe a better defensive player then James, no, not by a long shot. How cute of you with the Dominique line. Atlanta hadn't played together due to trades and injuries. That team that played in the playoffs wasn't a sub-500 team and next year when they resume play the media will be saying that they took the world champion Celtics to 7 games. They were a much better team then the Denver Nuggest who L. A. swept. The Celtics are playing championship calibre right now, as opposed to the earlier rounds. They beat Detroit at Detroit in the elimination game. Not sure if L.A. could beat Detroit. The considerably more talented team are the Celtics and all that's left to prove that are the Finals.

just making a point here. there is no logic in sports. you can have all the best reasons to support your argument and you can still be wrong . patriots fans should have learned that by now. myself and almost all patriots fans and all the so called experts were going on and on with all kinds of great reasons the pats couldn't lose . well we know what happened. the Celtics have a great chance to win. why because in sports anything can happen its that simple. alot of times a team struggles against a team that most think they should dominate like hawks and the Celts. but that doesnt translate to anything when evaluating another series. it took the Celts 7 games to move on against the hawks but it only took 6 to move on against the pistons a team that's much better than the hawks . its a game played by people not computers. anything can happen.

Agree with all your points, but what scout fails to realize is that he is calling for a sweep without any real reasons why. The Celtics aren't that much better than the Lakers, if at all. If they were going to sweep anyone, it would have been the Hawks.

You want to buy into all the hype, then go for it. Phil Jackson the best coach, not by a long shot, tho he is better then Doc. Kobe a better defensive player then James, no, not by a long shot. How cute of you with the Dominique line. Atlanta hadn't played together due to trades and injuries. That team that played in the playoffs wasn't a sub-500 team and next year when they resume play the media will be saying that they took the world champion Celtics to 7 games. They were a much better team then the Denver Nuggest who L. A. swept. The Celtics are playing championship calibre right now, as opposed to the earlier rounds. They beat Detroit at Detroit in the elimination game. Not sure if L.A. could beat Detroit. The considerably more talented team are the Celtics and all that's left to prove that are the Finals.

So the Lakers are playing what, "Get-swept in the Finals-caliber?" And seriously, you have to stop hyping the Hawks just because they were the first round opponent that took the Celtics to the brink. They were not good before or after any trades. They have two players worth a ****, the rest are garbage. The Pistons are good, the Larry Brown-led Pistons were better. Pistons have pretty much been vulnerable since Flip took over.

Like I've told you before, but you can't seem to comprehend, I'm not saying the Lakers are going to win, but they are the best team that the Celtics will face this postseason, and you can't seem to justify your sweep comment.

Also, remember who has the best record in the playoffs, who played tougher opponents on the road to the Finals and who pretty much demolished the reigning Champs. LA didn't have to beat Detroit, they had to go through the Spurs, you know the dynasty of this era.

celtics in 6:rocker: ill take the team that wins when they have to[two game seven wins]

celtics in 6:rocker: ill take the team that wins when they have to[two game seven wins]

Now that sounds reasonable. Two at home, take one in LA, and then the clincher at home.

Celtics win in 6 or 7, I highly doubt it will be 5 games let alone a sweep.

Is this not Phil Jackson's 11th Finals appearance? How many does Doc have?

Is this not Phil Jackson's 11th Finals appearance? How many does Doc have?

As a player or coach? He's been to the Finals once when he played for the Knicks. They lost that one to the Rockets.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back