PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN is aware that New England fans hate them

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN deserves whatever venom comes their way from New England and Patriots fans. There was a really simple way to avoid that: Stop lying about their team. Mortensen's 11 of 12 report turning out to be false was a big deal and they continue to pretend like it was valid. The Rams walkthrough story is fiction, but all of their platforms continue to treat it like it's real.

Something I could never understand was why ESPN never had anyone be pro-Patriots. I don't mean saying that the team/Brady/Belichick are great because they do do that. Those mentions just don't get as much attention as the negative stuff the peddle. I mean a person who calls BS on all the cheating nonsense. There's no counter-balance for that. If anything, there's evidence that they discourage people disputing that. Reiss poked a few holes in the negative Wickersham/Van Atta story a couple years ago and those were removed from his column.

As a hypothetical example, 5 years ago, you could hear Skip Bayless say Kobe Bryant was the greatest ever. Then, a few house later, Colin Cowherd would say Kobe's totally overrated. Now, you'll hear Stephen A. Smith say something negative about the Patriots. Then, a few hours later, Dan LeBetard will say something negative about the Patriots. Wouldn't they entertain more people or relate to a wider audience if they offered differing opinions, like they do on just about every other topic?

I had never read the Wickersham/Van Atta article before. I just looked it up because of your post. The amount of misinformation in that article is unbelievable. No wonder so many people are convinced the Pats are cheaters when the media is reporting outright lies. Absolutely shameful behavior by ESPN.

I haven't watched ESPN except for an occasional game I can't watch anywhere else since spygate.

I don't hate them. Hatred means I actually think about them.

They are completely irrelevant to me.

They do? But we're so subtle....

Most people are tiring of bspn. They are losing a ton of viewership every passing month

If ESPN wants to try and at least partially redeem themselves they need to do a 30-30 on the entire "Patriots Cheat" mythology and be willing to take the NFL and themselves to task for the mis-information campaign. What amazes me the most about the alleged scandals is how under reported all of the other alleged NFL violations have been in comparison. Joe Montana comes out and admits that his teams would grease their uniforms and Rice admits stickum yet it becomes just a passing story. Same with Broncos, Giants, Falcons etc.. alleged infractions. I am of the opinion that none of these things were particularly noteworthy but remain stunned by the lack of proportionality and/or a lengthy article/focus on it. While the Your team cheats site is probably a little Patriots biased in its interpretation of what infractions were the worst it does illustrate how many things have been done over the years and how no one ever really cared until now. Propaganda is an amazing weapon. That said "F - ESPN"

Earlier today there were co-hosts on ESPN talk radio. Both were trying hard to bring down the Pats. One said: 'The thing with New England is that they played nobody this year--until they played Pittsburgh, and they came into Boston all beat up and fatigued. Big Ben was the only good QB they went up against all year. I think they're in for an awakening tomorrow.' (not the exact words, but damn close to it)

Only Good QB they went up against:
Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco.

Not the Pats fault that the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins are mediocre in putting together teams..

What Top 10 passing defense (based on yards allowed) did Atlanta play against?
Denver and Seattle (x2). (2-1)

The Pats played:
Denver, Seattle, Houston (x2), Arizona, Buffalo (x2), Baltimore, and The Rams.. (8-1)

The Pats also played #11 Cincy where Brady hung 376 yards on them (61 more than their average).

What top 10 scoring defense did Atlanta play against:
Seattle (x2), Denver, KC. (2-2)

What top 10 scoring defenses did the Pats play:
Seattle, Denver, Cincy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh (x2) (5-1)

It should also be noted that the Patriots played the #11 scoring defense in Houston twice and beat them both times, hanging 27 the first time and 34 the second time on them..

SMH.. And BSSPN wonders why they've lost millions of viewers over the last 2 years..

pEni*
*eniS
P
eni*
peNi*

ESPNis

It's funny... we all get tired of the hype, but because of the overwhelming ahem attitude problems at NFLN* and EPSNis, I've pretty much avoided the whole run-up to the game.

Not consciously, just tired of the same old tired "story lines" they peddle. Gee I wonder whether that's good for gate in your "league," Rog.

I mean, roughly every other year the Patriots are in the SB... how are you going to drive away half your fans with "skin in the game" from your hype broadcasts and make money?

You shot yourself in the foot with the witch-hunts, commish*

If youre a Pats fan, who in their right mind still watched ESPN after their one sided coverage during spygate? They lost me a long time ago.

I had never read the Wickersham/Van Atta article before. I just looked it up because of your post. The amount of misinformation in that article is unbelievable. No wonder so many people are convinced the Pats are cheaters when the media is reporting outright lies. Absolutely shameful behavior by ESPN.

Here's a link to a PFT article about Reiss's column being edited.

From a logic and common sense perspective, his point about it being unrealistic that the Patriots were stealing game plans out of other teams locker rooms makes total sense. Wickersham and Van Atta would have everyone believe that these coaches work long hours creating a game plan, the success of which ensures that they keep earning their million dollar salaries, and then they just leave it lying around, unattended, right before the game. An 6 year old could figure out a way to ensure that the game plan remains in their possession. Either bring it with you when you go to the field or have someone like an unpaid intern or practice squad guy stay in the locker room to make sure no one comes in. For the folks at ESPN, those options are too farfetched to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes