PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN anti-Patriot again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, Belichick is kind of a jerk the podium. I get WHY he is and actually like it. It works him. It works for the team.

...but if someone calls him a jerk for it there is no sense in getting offended with the statement. Instead of getting offended when someone calls him out we should merely embrace the fact that he gives away as little info as possible for the betterment of the team.

Let's face it, Belichick is kind of a jerk the podium. I get WHY he is and actually like it. It works him. It works for the team.

...but if someone calls him a jerk for it there is no sense in getting offended with the statement. Instead of getting offended when someone calls him out we should merely embrace the fact that he gives away as little info as possible for the betterment of the team.

In other words, "He's a jerk, but he's our jerk"...I'm good with that.
Next question...

How about the fact that this is not out of the norm for Belichick, yet it is presented as if it is.. Belichick has never given answers about injured players during his tenure as a Patriots coach. What would make any of them think that it would change now?

And who exactly would have gained from him adding that to the article? Most readers already know that.

Even if you think he should have repeated the obvious/well-known -- as he often does -- leaving it out in this case is hardly a big deal.

How about the fact that this is not out of the norm for Belichick, yet it is presented as if it is.. Belichick has never given answers about injured players during his tenure as a Patriots coach. What would make any of them think that it would change now?

All BB needs to do is admit that he forgot the x-rays at home, rather than stubbornly carry on this facade for decades.

:rolleyes:

BB is da man! Love seeing this stuff from him. Big change of pace from Jerry Jones who apparently is a doctor and speculates and lists timetables for everyone's injuries

who cares

Totally agree. I personally don't care what he says to the media or how he reacts to their questions but he can definitely be perceived as a jerk during those pressers. I think he is a great guy in person but the media pisses him off so much that he DGAF how he treats them.

Totally agree. I personally don't care what he says to the media or how he reacts to their questions but he can definitely be perceived as a jerk during those pressers. I think he is a great guy in person but the media pisses him off so much that he DGAF how he treats them.
And I don't blame him one iota. Bill's a real smart guy, and real smart guys don't make the same mistake twice. He was administered an anesthesia-free colonoscopy by the media in Cleveland and I'm sure he promised himself it would never happen again. And it hasn't.

Seems like ESPN's right. He was being testy.

I mean, they could title every article with "Sick-of-this-**** Belichick, unable to hide his contempt for the media at large, grudgingly answers a bunch of stupid ****ing questions" and I'd be fine with that. Because it's the truth.

Nothing wrong with the article. The paranoia is kind of embarrassing.

Now if Belichick wrote a book AFTER he retires THEN maybe that would give him a chance to speak about how he really feels about some of these situations and THAT could be an interesting read.

Nothing wrong with the article. The paranoia is kind of embarrassing.
Agreed. But this has been a characteristic of a segment of our fan base. The hyper sensitive, paranoid crowd who sees shade being thrown at our team from every direction. Sometimes they are right but other times they are totally wrong and yes it is a bit embarrassing.

I remember seeing someone online get paranoid and tweeting angrily at Deion Sanders for hating on Brady when anyone who has watched anything Sanders knows that can't be further from the truth. Sanders actually went out of his way to respond to said idiot.

Now we have people getting their panties in a twist because Mike Reiss correctly used the term 'testy'. Mike Reiss...cmon people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing