PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Rowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Fitzgerald is a 6'3" slot receiver. :)

Fitz is also 33 and not as fast as he once was. There are definitely use cases for playing Rowe in the slot, but typically you see the smaller, quick twitch guys in the slot due to their ability to turn their hips.

Rowe played pretty well when thrust into a starting role last season. A 4th in the 2018 draft isn't too much to pay, I suspect it will only become a 3rd if he starts quite a few games. Kline is garbage and I'm glad he's gone.

Rowe played pretty well when thrust into a starting role last season. A 4th in the 2018 draft isn't too much to pay, I suspect it will only become a 3rd if he starts quite a few games. Kline is garbage and I'm glad he's gone.

Yup, honestly I'm most excited about this trade because of what it means re: the OL. Specifically, that Belichick feels comfortable enough with the interior situation that he's okay with losing Kline. Any sign that a player as ****ty as Kline isn't in our plans can only be a good thing.

Obviously I hope Rowe is good, and I'm intrigued based on measurables alone, but even if he's just an adequate situational player I'm still happy with Kline being gone and some cap savings.

I think coverage ability is more important than height. I'll take a 5'10" guy who covers well over a 6'1 guy who doesn't.
I think it's severely overrated. Very few passes are completed to receivers just because they can reach higher than a corner who is in good position.

Of course better coverage ability is more important than height.

With that said, if the coverage ability is the same, I'll take the guy who is taller.

Yup, honestly I'm most excited about this trade because of what it means re: the OL. Specifically, that Belichick feels comfortable enough with the interior situation that he's okay with losing Kline. Any sign that a player as ****ty as Kline isn't in our plans can only be a good thing.

Obviously I hope Rowe is good, and I'm intrigued based on measurables alone, but even if he's just an adequate situational player I'm still happy with Kline being gone and some cap savings.

I think Kline played some center too, so is Mongo the primary center backup now?

Very cool! Let me just say Kline is a solid OL. Not great but solid and when he lost it was due to lack of talent not will or effort put in. He is a solid 3 spot back up and reliable spot starter when needed.

He will be missed. Thanks for the service!

Last edited:
I think Kline played some center too, so is Mongo the primary center backup now?

I think Mason and Cooper have both played some C as well.

he got burned on 2 TD passes but A) It was Megatron w/o any help and B) the coverage was there.

Yeah, this is sort of your 'worst case' footage and even then he doesn't look TOO bad. I know a lot of people are speculating he will be moved to safety, but I'm not convinced of that.

Eric Rowe traded to the Patriots!!

Per Adam Schefter:
Eagles are trading CB Eric Rowe to Patriots for OL Josh Kline and a draft pick, league sources tell @MikeReiss and me.

If a was an ***Hole, I'd say "I'd've given up the Pick just to get rid of Kline. Getting a Player back is Gravy."

I thank the Gods that I'm classier'n that. :D

Kline did a great job for us last year when things went to hell on the OL. However, you knew that would only be temporary as it wasn't difficult to upgrade. Mason, Cooper and Karras must fall into that category.

Now you have Rowe who is one hell of a prospect. The team is better today than it was yesterday.

@AdamSchefter
New Eagles' OL Josh Kline might not be in Philly long -- or at all. Eagles already in deep discussions to trade Kline, sources tell ESPN.

People don't think Kline has much value here but he does. He is a highly coachable and steady OL man. He can play 3 spots reasonably well and would be a good staple on any 46 game day roster for that. I think they can swing a 6th for him.

So we traded a fourth, that can become a third. Eagles are stocking up for next year's draft.

Actually, it becomes a 4th if Rowe injures himself getting off the airplane.

Or am I confusing the Rowe trade with the one where Philly traded Bradford to Minnesota?

:rolleyes:

Not sure. Mongo never played C at Illinois. My understanding is that he has played it here in practice so I guess they are comfortable enough with him there.

AZ was planning on moving Cooper there before they traded him so I guess he can do it?

Shaq has been practicing it as well.

Sounds to me that they think they have it covered.

Not sure. Mongo never played C at Illinois. My understanding is that he has played it here in practice so I guess they are comfortable enough with him there.

AZ was planning on moving Cooper there before they traded him so I guess he can do it?

Shaq has been practicing it as well.

Sounds to me that they think they have it covered.

But are Cooper and Mason currently healthy enough?

Kline is garbage and I'm glad he's gone.

For some reason this makes me think of the recent thread asking who played organized football on the board and how far they got. To make it on the high school team…college…get drafted! Playing for the Pats! Starting! Then you get “the guy is garbage and I’m glad he’s gone.”

I realize it’s the shorthand we all use—“that guy sucks” or whatever—but it is sort of funny. What standards we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes