PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enjoying the "Tuck" game on nfln

Status
Not open for further replies.
we may want to skip next week's NFL Classic Re-Air

It is a re-airing of the Pats-Colts AFC Championship game in 2007

I was living in Galveston TX at the time, and went to a bar on the mainland, near NASA, to watch the game. I couldn't hear the audio over the music, so I didn't know about the snowball at Simms until later. I thought that I was too drunk to follow the game-tying FG, but now I realize that the football just - disappears - into the TV. Amazing.

I had meant to tape the game starting with the pre-game at 6:00, but my wife stayed home with the little ones, and had forgotten to start the recording. I now have a VHS of the SnowBowl, though pre- and post-game shows would have been extra cool.

Thanks also to Fugowii, who sent me a CD-ROM of the game in April. Much appreciated.

The game that started it all. I watched it again today and Phil Simms was doing the commentary during the tuck rule and he said it was clearly a fumble and an easy call to make, of course it was then overturned and the rest was history. One thing I noticed was that after the official review awarded the pats the ball back Simms said it was redemption for the 76 Raiders game? I am not familiar with the 76 game as I was not even born can anyone fill me in on the details?

The game that started it all. I watched it again today and Phil Simms was doing the commentary during the tuck rule and he said it was clearly a fumble and an easy call to make, of course it was then overturned and the rest was history. One thing I noticed was that after the official review awarded the pats the ball back Simms said it was redemption for the 76 Raiders game? I am not familiar with the 76 game as I was not even born can anyone fill me in on the details?

I can, and will, but I need to sleep first, before I can open an old wound again.

Good Night Now.

So awesome! I was able to watch this twice in two days. They re-aired it again.

I did not realize BB punted with 2:47 remaining. The Raiders were changing stategy the whole fourth quarter against the wind. They were throwing with a 13 to 3 lead and did not try to run the clock out until after that punt at 2:47. Even so Charlie Garner had a great 7 yard run cuting back right after going left Off Tackle. Raiders then had 2nd and 3 when Garner got rock gaining 2 yards. With 3rd down and 1 yard to go to ice the game Chucky brings in Tyrone Wheatley!!!! who sucks and the NE D-line eats him up. This was all before the "tuck". Then BB fakes punt block formation and Troy Brown has a wall in front for like a 30 yard return.

Chucky was so outcouched down the stretch. Two plays later Charles Woodson comes in and hits Brady in the head with his right forearm, hits Brady's arm with his body and the rest is history.

If Charlie Garner was on the field for that Third and One NE would not have won. Like this last AFCC, we don't blame the refs for the "ruffing the passer" call on TBC. We blame the offense for not picking up the game icing first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results