PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Showtime documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Edelman, but sorry, not great and boring.

Best line from Brady: He's the younger brother I never had or wanted.
Huh, I didn't find it boring but since we already knew the ending I can understand your tuning it out.

Florio and Sims are discussing the upcoming documentary this morning on on Pro Football Talk. They are coming down hard on him for his PED use to heal faster and that this was cheating. They double down with how that should have prevented him from being the MVP in the superbowl....that someone else who didn't cheat should have been named. Sims did try and soften it a bit arguing that he might be okay with the NFL allowing for it for injured players but Florio dug in. They are conducting a 2 part poll asking 1. So you care if players use them and 2. Do you think there's a difference between a healthy player using them to get a competitive advantage and an injured player using them to heal faster. So far they say the results to their surprise is showing people dont care.

I can understand Florio continuing to beat this drum. He knows that any story that's controversial or negative about the Patriots gets a big reaction. Also, Edelman's suspension is (or, probably more accurately, was) "a story." It involves a key player on the best team in the league who just won the Super Bowl MVP.

My issue with Florio on this topic is that he's not taking this stance or writing these articles about, say, Patrick Peterson. Also, past suspensions never come up in his articles about Antonio Gates, Von Miller or Le'Veon Bell. Does Florio really care about PED usage in the NFL or does making a big deal about Edelman's case because it will lead to more traffic on his site?

I can understand Florio continuing to beat this drum. He knows that any story that's controversial or negative about the Patriots gets a big reaction. Also, Edelman's suspension is (or, probably more accurately, was) "a story." It involves a key player on the best team in the league who just won the Super Bowl MVP.

My issue with Florio on this topic is that he's not taking this stance or writing these articles about, say, Patrick Peterson. Also, past suspensions never come up in his articles about Antonio Gates, Von Miller or Le'Veon Bell. Does Florio really care about PED usage in the NFL or does making a big deal about Edelman's case because it will lead to more traffic on his site?
The latter.

Florio is a really bright and articulate guy. He's also a total "clicks" guy. He crapped on the Pats for years before and as soon as he saw that taking Brady's position vs. Goodel's made the haters insane, he too became a TB defender.

sorry, not great and boring.
:confused: Yeah, they probably should've run a disclaimer at the start: "Contains genuine human interaction -- no explosions, gunplay or car chases."

Love Edelman, but sorry, not great and boring.

Best line from Brady: He's the younger brother I never had or wanted.
Alex Reimer nice of you to contribute to this thread.

I just want to know ONE thing. When will this be available on Youtube. I'd appreciate a head's up when that happens.

who knows how long youtube will leave this up. watch it while you can:

edit: youtube took it down

Last edited:
I love these behind the scenes things, but count me as someone who was ‘hoping for better’.

The good: I thought it was good be introduced to his family members and get their perspective.

There were also some good shots of his high school and college highlights.

The bad: I thought there would be more behind the scenes footage from his early nfl days.

I also thought there would have made a bigger deal of his first game back against the colts (at least some good postgame footage or something)

They skipped over the entire season......and in extremely annoying fashion (the narrator was terrible during that section).

I love these behind the scenes things, but count me as someone who was ‘hoping for better’.

The good: I thought it was good be introduced to his family members and get their perspective.

The bad: I thought there would be more behind the scenes footage from his early nfl days.

I also thought there would have made a bigger deal of his first game back against the colts (at least some good postgame footage or something)

They skipped over the entire season......and in extremely annoying fashion (the narrator was terrible during that section).

As Rapoport himself said, the movie was supposed to end with him returning to Gillette.

Thanks for the link. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

BTW- It may not be appropriate, but I thought his sister was VERY good looking.

Thanks for the link. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

BTW- It may not be appropriate, but I thought his sister was VERY good looking.
What about his moms, dirtyoldmanken?:D

Thanks. Stuck in Disney without showtime (dvr’d It at home) so this
Makes sitting in an airport bearable...

i really felt that this documentary was less about julian edelman as a patriot and more about the relationship between julian and frank. so i was fine that they didn't show much nfl game footage or locker room scenes.

i already knew about the relationship between julian and his dad, but this really showed why he thrives under belichick--because his dad was the exact same way. strict, no-nonsense, hard-working, unconventional, do your job, no excuses.

maybe the one thing that frank holds over belichick is that he doesn't hold any grudges.

Perhaps this was a teaser for a reality show in which the Edelman clan all go back to living under the same roof.

I thought it notable that the mother of his little daughter got zero mention. I'm sure that was by design.

I thought it notable that the mother of his little daughter got zero mention. I'm sure that was by design.

Good point, but by her design or his?

It's too bad, because I think people would have found their relationship interesting and make note of how often he gets to see his daughter.

Florio is a really bright and articulate guy. He's also a total "clicks" guy. He crapped on the Pats for years before and as soon as he saw that taking Brady's position vs. Goodel's made the haters insane, he too became a TB defender.
He's a clicks guy, but he also went to Carnegie Mellon to be an engineer, before going into law, before going into sports.

So, having had basic physics classes on his initial journey toward becoming an engineer, Florio instantly "got" the issue of temperature-induced pressure loss and realized how inept the NFL's charges were. He was able to see through all of the BS, so I give him credit for that.

I contacted probably a dozen NFL writers by email the day after the AFCCG, when the controversy raged, explaining how a psi drop is normal. Only two (Florio and Peter King) responded. Florio got the science of it completely, King didn't, but PK was at least willing to listen.

frank mentioned at two different times that julian's situation with his daughter was difficult, so i interpreted that to mean that his relationship with the mother isn't amicable. or maybe they are friendly but she lives elsewhere.

frank mentioned at two different times that julian's situation with his daughter was difficult, so i interpreted that to mean that his relationship with the mother isn't amicable. or maybe they are friendly but she lives elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure its the latter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes