PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injury Seems to Now Be Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won the SB without Gronk, we can do it without edelman.

It seems like we are cursed with injuries every OTHER year.

Holding out hope via Bedard's tweet. If Edelman was walking off without a noticeable limp before the cart picked him up that would appear to be good news. Doesn't mean he didn't sustain a serious injury but if he tore his ACL I doubt he would be walking without a significant limp. Even when guys walk off, such as Brady there is an obvious and slow limp.

I hope he's right. I was at the game the game the last time the Patriots opened up against Kansas City. Brady walked off the field with just a slight limp but he was done.

I'm not holding out any hope for Edelman. I'll be surprised at this point if he plays this year, based on what all the internet docs are saying and what it looked like. Luckily they have a healthy Gronk and a bucket of good receivers, but losing their third-best offensive player is still going to hurt.

Jules :(

Our perfect offense just got less perfect. I guess this is Austin Carr's chance.

Anything but ****in ACL.

Non-contact injuries counter-intuitively somehow always tend to look benign and then turn out to be a lot more serious.

Jules :(

Our perfect offense just got less perfect. I guess this is Austin Carr's chance.

I like Carr, but I also think they keep him - less for this year than next. Who knows how much to expect from a 31 year old guy off an ACL?

Forgive me for not giving a flying **** what doctors on the internet, with no intimate knowledge of the event (other than a video), think. They're not in a position to offer a diagnosis, especially without the results of scans.

You'd be surprised how accurate some of them are...

I'm not holding out any hope for Edelman. I'll be surprised at this point if he plays this year, based on what all the internet docs are saying and what it looked like. Luckily they have a healthy Gronk and a bucket of good receivers, but losing their third-best offensive player is still going to hurt.
I'm Nancy Negative already. He's done.

If it's a 4-6 week deal, then that's gravy

Second best in terms of importance to the engine of the offense

He's toast

There's hope, but this is ********. I'm just gonna pretend preseason isn't a thing and go back to playing Madden. I don't need this right now. ****.

I'm hopeful

but if he's done for the year I'll be nearly as disappointed as I was in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes