PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injury Seems to Now Be Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding out hope via Bedard's tweet. If Edelman was walking off without a noticeable limp before the cart picked him up that would appear to be good news. Doesn't mean he didn't sustain a serious injury but if he tore his ACL I doubt he would be walking without a significant limp. Even when guys walk off, such as Brady there is an obvious and slow limp.

"Questionable to return..." means this game. Obviously, he ain't returning to this game under any circumstances. That would really be beyond dumb.

And Cooks didn't come here to backup Edelman, but to be the no. 1 long threat guy.

Could do a lot worse than having Brandin Cooks working out of the slot.

I think we have to expect the worse here. Two doctors on twitter, independently of one another, diagnosed it as an ACL tear based on the way Edelman's foot planted, and the occuring mechanism.

Injury may have begun when Edelman was pulled down awkwardly on a previous play.

**** the preseason and the greedy owners who demand it:mad:

As a licensed twitter practitioner I can tell you those other doctors did not go to #twittermedicalacademy.

He was clearly drunk and fell over laughing at the lions.

I think we have to expect the worse here. Two doctors on twitter, independently of one another, diagnosed it as an ACL tear based on the way Edelman's foot planted, and the occuring mechanism.

Injury may have begun when Edelman was pulled down awkwardly on a previous play.

So assuming it is an ACL tear, is there is degree of severity which would make Edelman a candidate to return from IR for playoffs?

Holding out hope via Bedard's tweet. If Edelman was walking off without a noticeable limp before the cart picked him up that would appear to be good news. Doesn't mean he didn't sustain a serious injury but if he tore his ACL I doubt he would be walking without a significant limp. Even when guys walk off, such as Brady there is an obvious and slow limp.
We can hope for a bruise or sprain but it is only hoping.

Why does this happen in places Houston (Welker) and Detroit? It's the turf....the league needs to do something useful for once and standardize all playing surfaces.

I hope not, because he would be considerably more vulnerable to injury as a slot receiver.

If you're that concerned about injury. you're watching the wrong sport.

So assuming it is an ACL tear, is there is degree of severity which would make Edelman a candidate to return from IR for playoffs?
11 months if a tear. He will ready for camp.

Nah, it's a 9-month injury at best. A tear is a tear, it needs surgery, it won't get better on its own (Ryan Tannehill)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore