PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope there is no serious injury. We got fairly lucky last year...
well some idiot on Colen Cowherd already doubting Brady and saying Belichick not as great as everyone says. Bring it!

So has anyone posted the "Where is Thumbkin" song yet?

Nothing to worry about here ... in season he plays with it as is ... moving on.

Let the hand wringing begin@!!!

I was at the beach today and at 10:00 am I made the mistake of tuning in to WEEI. Dale and Keefe with Andy Hart substituting for Keefe. Dale Arnold starts off the show by stating that while Edelman's time off is pegged at 3 weeks, he believes it will be at least 6 weeks. When Hart asks why he believes that, Arnold says Larry Lucchino told him years ago that whatever the doctors say, you need to double it. Now, I was only on beer #1, but I already felt like jumping in the ocean and 1) either drowning myself, or 2) looking for a shark to sidle up to. My sensibilities took over (I mistakenly thought), so I texted the show and suggested some sort of moderation in Arnold's reaction might be in order. I received a message back saying I was restricted from offering commentary. I chugged beer #2 and went back in the ocean looking for that f###### shark...
Why were you restricted from offering commentary? Bunch a Sensitive Sams at WEEI.....

well some idiot on Colen Cowherd already doubting Brady and saying Belichick not as great as everyone says. Bring it!
It's Colon Cowturd.

Harris and Myles need to step up big time!

Any chance bb can swing a trade for amendola?

If Rotoworld isn’t reporting it, it never happened.

Spotted wearing a cast or brace on his thumb, expected to miss some time...
flesh-wound.gif

It’s a thumb trauma injury. You easily could’ve mentioned that and not had everyone wondering if Edelman blew out his ACL again.
Clearly stated in the body of the post, you scare too easily...

OK. He'll sit out 4 weeks...

Interesting. I can't help but think about the "Wally Pipp clip". For those who haven't seen it, it was the clip that after JE returned a punt for a TD, Bill walked over to an injured WW on the sideline and asked if he ever heard of Pipp, and then explained Pipp was the starting for the Yankee's and got hurt, Lou Gerhrig replaced him and didn't miss a game for over a decade. Welker didn't seem like he got it. ;) I'm sure he does now.

BB tells Welker that he could be Wally Pipp'd on punt returns by Edelman and Welker says "He can have it" and BB retorts with "Way to compete."

Not being on PUP allows him to practice, run routes and be there to mentor other players

He can run routes by himself and mentor other players while on PUP. We have heard so many times about players rehabbing and testing themselves out on the "other fields" while the rest is going through camp.

And the injury supposedly sidelines him from practice for 2-3 weeks anyway.

Am I confusing things ?

He can run routes by himself and mentor other players while on PUP.
He cant help other players on the field while on PUP. Maybe they figure that is worth more than a extra roster spot?

He cant help other players on the field while on PUP. Maybe they figure that is worth more than a extra roster spot?

That would make a lot of sense. Especially given the pics we saw of him working through reps with Harry at Brady's place.

That would make a lot of sense. Especially given the pics we saw of him working through reps with Harry at Brady's place.
Plus Inman, Harris, GO, and DT ....all new to the system granted DT is not going to see the field for a while

Well there it is. NFI not PUP but I suppose that is technicality at this point of the season.

Thought this was interesting.

In other words, he’s a baadd boy..

“The idea behind my win-contribution metric is to add depth and context to each player's value. No slot receiver had a more balanced profile last season than Edelman. One thing I do when evaluating receiver play is tracking which direction the receiver and defender travel when a defender enters a 6-foot "halo" around the receiver (as mentioned in JuJu Smith-Schuster's blurb). This helps quantify whether or not defenders could successfully impact the receiver's ability to earn positive yards. Edelman changed the direction of his defender, either by pushing the defender out of his halo, initiating first contact or stopping the defender's pursuit, more than any other slot receiver. In other words, the math supports the characterization of his play as tough. For 2019, my model projects Edelman will see the end zone seven times, matching his career high in touchdown catches from 2015.”

Projecting the top 10 slot receivers for the 2019 NFL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey