Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Multiple reports out saying that the Pats have made the following moves:

Bennett to the IR - Hamstring
Ebner to the IR - Knee

My guess is that Grissom will be back and the Pats will make a choice between Tye and either David Jones or Ryan Lewis for the other spot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the OL from Harvard back on the PS either with the situation with Waddle.

The one potential curveball is the reserve LB situation. If Reilly can't go for even a week, then I'm not sure who the Pats might look at.. Are there any former Pats STers floating around on Practice Squads somewhere?

I wonder if Bennett will retire like he said earlier this year, or if being back in New England might change his mind.

Bennett has a big cap number for the next two seasons at around $6.5M, including a $2M bonus for 2018 that becomes payable on the first day of the league year. So if he wants to go another year, he'll probably have to restructure.

Last edited:
Read somewhere that Jacob Hollister may replace Ebner.

Not sure about Bennett retirement, otoh do not see the Pats paying him that much money either..

The worse thing about the NFL is the whole "war of attrition", every team goes through it..

Why? Isn't one Hollister on offense useless enough?

Either David Jones or Damarius Travis should be promoted to replace Ebner.

Aren't you useless enough posting in the draft thread? Yet we tolerate you posting useless crap here too..

Hollister already plays on special teams, since you haven't been paying attention. The question is whether the position he's in will change to that of Ebner's, including to Protector..

Contrary to you, Special teams is a huge part of the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes