PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

East-West Shrine Bowl Coaching Roster - Shrine Bowl Updates

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Credit to @BaconGrundleCandy for posting this in his thread first in regards to potential draft connections, but I wanted to make a thread on it since it has a few interesting layers:

First and foremost - you have your three head guys. Bill Belichick - makes sense. Jerod Mayo - who is still not under contract as far as we know and whose title is unknown. And Bill O'Brien - who was just signed a few days ago!

Second - who's NOT here? A certain couple people of interest named Matt and Joe. However, found it interesting that Steve Belichick is also absent, but Brian Belichick is here.

Third - who IS here that you might not expect? Cam Achord (bleh) is here. Also of interest - Evan Rothstein, who is Patricia's buddy.

Anything else on this roster pique your interest? Either whether they're here or not, or what role they're filling? I found Troy Brown as the "Head Coach" and Ross Douglas as the "OC/QB" interesting.

Anything else on this roster pique your interest? Either whether they're here or not, or what role they're filling? I found Troy Brown as the "Head Coach" and Ross Douglas as the "OC/QB" interesting.
Setting Troy up for a college HC gig?

What do we know about Douglas?

Credit to @BaconGrundleCandy for posting this in his thread first in regards to potential draft connections, but I wanted to make a thread on it since it has a few interesting layers:

First and foremost - you have your three head guys. Bill Belichick - makes sense. Jerod Mayo - who is still not under contract as far as we know and whose title is unknown. And Bill O'Brien - who was just signed a few days ago!

Second - who's NOT here? A certain couple people of interest named Matt and Joe. However, found it interesting that Steve Belichick is also absent, but Brian Belichick is here.

Third - who IS here that you might not expect? Cam Achord (bleh) is here. Also of interest - Evan Rothstein, who is Patricia's buddy.

Saw last night that Steve is apparently there and that the omission was an "oversight":

wasnt there also something about Steves wife getting ready to pop out their 4th baby belichick?
I don’t think anybody in the sports media knows exactly when she’s due or anything, but a few reporters mentioned it as the more likely explanation as some fans were running with the theory that he quit in response to Mayo getting promoted.

Saw last night that Steve is apparently there and that the omission was an "oversight":

That's weird. But in what role?

Reactions: Ian
That's weird. But in what role?
No idea....he sort of put that out there and then I don't recall seeing a follow-up on it. :confused:

Another interesting question - the interviews of McCardell and Jefferson had many of us thinking they may come to NE in a WR coach-like capacity (but possibly in some sort of "Passing Game Coordinator" type title so it's not a lateral move), which would put Troy Brown out of a job right now, since he's the current WR coach. However, here's Troy Brown as the head coach of the entire staff, so... Very interesting.

I don’t think anybody in the sports media knows exactly when she’s due or anything, but a few reporters mentioned it as the more likely explanation as some fans were running with the theory that he quit in response to Mayo getting promoted.
That seems strange, given that he's refused to even consider HC roles until BB retires.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

This is clearly Bill trolling Kraft by doing a black face reenactment of the season.

Cast:
Belichick: played by Troy Brown
Patricia: played by Ross Douglas

But man, look at O'Brien's melon head. That thing is huge. Lol

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes