PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles this year vs Falcons last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dumped pig maneur all over the falcons, they’d be just like philly

Matt ryan was league MVP with a historic offense. Nick foles is an unpredictable backup QB.

i think when we analyze full season stats we have to take into account that Falcons D last year really started getting much better in the latter half

I agree. Trends were not factored in my post.

Interesting note on the difference between Philly's game against the Falcons and the Vikings (not counting Philly's 2 fumbles in the Falcons game): red zone D. Philly had quite a few trips into or near the red zone against ATL too, yet they came away with a TD just once. Against Minn they came with a TD every time but once. And that translated to Atl on the 2 yard line against Philly with less than a minute to go looking to take the lead. The obvious is in play: RZ D is HUGE and something that the Patriots need to be firing on all cylinders on.
A couple of other items:
-in both game Foles played well except in the red zone v Atl. Based on this us Patriot fans should expect to see Foles making plenty of completions between the 20s. But keep red zone success stingy and we're in business.
-The Philly running game is getting "fear" on this board though their stats don't suggest it's this frightening concern. Not counting the last junk time series, Philly had 70 yards net rushing against Minn. They had 96 yards, on 32 carries, against Atl. Clearly the potent threat from Philly's O is Foles/the passing game.

I agree. Trends were not factored in my post.

Interesting note on the difference between Philly's game against the Falcons and the Vikings (not counting Philly's 2 fumbles in the Falcons game): red zone D. Philly had quite a few trips into or near the red zone against ATL too, yet they came away with a TD just once. Against Minn they came with a TD every time but once. And that translated to Atl on the 2 yard line against Philly with less than a minute to go looking to take the lead. The obvious is in play: RZ D is HUGE and something that the Patriots need to be firing on all cylinders on.
A couple of other items:
-in both game Foles played well except in the red zone v Atl. Based on this us Patriot fans should expect to see Foles making plenty of completions between the 20s. But keep red zone success stingy and we're in business.
-The Philly running game is getting "fear" on this board though their stats don't suggest it's this frightening concern. Not counting the last junk time series, Philly had 70 yards net rushing against Minn. They had 96 yards, on 32 carries, against Atl. Clearly the potent threat from Philly's O is Foles/the passing game.

the other thing is, ne does very well against the bigger rbs.

henry, to some degree fournette, etc. and the read option garbage dries up pretty quick for qbs who use against the pats d, too.

the other thing is, ne does very well against the bigger rbs.

henry, to some degree fournette, etc. and the read option garbage dries up pretty quick for qbs who use against the pats d, too.

pats should have some experience with ajayi from his time with the dolphins....I really dont expect blount to do much. He hasnt done anything in the playoffs except for the colts game who you could line up anyone to run over that defense.

I don’t think you can discount atlanta’s defense lasy year though. They had some good players.
I think ATLs D played very well at the end of last year.

I just don't think they are as good as Philly's.

This is the second year in a row in which both #1 seeds in the respective conferences have made the SB.

You have to look at how last week's games played out. The Pats had to grind out a win and play 60 minutes. They know how to come from behind to win and didn't get flustered making mistakes down the stretch to take the lead. The Eagles, on the other hand, was blessed with a game in which everything went right for them. The Vikings laid an egg on both sides of the ball. How will the Eagles play when they are behind? Is their offense a come from behind offense? Defensively, the Eagles aren't as fast as the Jags and some of those screens passes the Pats attempted may work against this defense. The Pat have too many options to shred a defense. The talking heads are pumping up the Eagles to placate the majority of fans who want to see them win. Note they never say the Eagles ARE the better team, but, speak of all the things they have to do to win. They are quantifying how they can win, not that they WILL win.
Cowboys were #1 seed last year. The lost to GB which lost to ATL in ATL

Agree. Pats should put up between 27-31 points....if not more.

I agree, and I don’t think Foles can do that against this defense. The Patriots defense won’t collapse the way Minnesota did. I’m thinking 31-17 right now.

This will be the best overall team the Patriots have faced since the Rams. I highlight the word "overall".

Atlanta's D struggled against good teams last year and that eventually played out in the Super Bowl. Atlanta's offense was a legitimate force, especially with their backs and Julio Jones wreaking havoc.

The Eagles' D is more impressive, as long as they are able to generate pressure on Brady, but they can be exposed on the back end if Brady is given time to throw. The Eagles' offense, with Foles at the helm, has a little more in common with 2017 Jax than it does with the 2016 Falcons, with the very notable exception being that Philly's run-pass balance favors the pass quite a bit since Foles took over.

This will be the best overall team the Patriots have faced since the Rams. I highlight the word "overall".

Still waiting for you to show us that huge defensive advantage you claimed the Eagles have on NE. It’s been a week and you still refuse to demonstrate it.

I agree, and I don’t think Foles can do that against this defense. The Patriots defense won’t collapse the way Minnesota did. I’m thinking 31-17 right now.
Thats what I'm feeling, too.

31-17...34-21...It feels like a 10+ point win but knowing this team it'll come down to a 3-6 point game..

I also said 28-13 Pats over JAX so what the hell do I know.

I think I said 37-24 Pats in the SB over ATL.

Head to head a few weeks ago, Philadelphia prevailed 15-10. Atlanta had a chance to win late in the 4th quarter however some incredibly bad play calling led to a win for Philadelphia.

Thats what I'm feeling, too.

31-17...34-21...It feels like a 10+ point win but knowing this team it'll come down to a 3-6 point game..

I also said 28-13 Pats over JAX so what the hell do I know.

I think I said 37-24 Pats in the SB over ATL.

Even though I like and respect the Saints the best draw out of the NFC to me was Philly, but no Wentz played heavily into that. I really like the Patriots in this game , and imo Foles will have to play great and the Patriots gak some to lose.

Philly is good, and with Wentz back they could end up the favorite next season, but to me the advantage at QB, Coach, and experience they have at every level will lead the Patriots to a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes