PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles release S Jarrad Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for them to relase both CB's Samuel and Namdi Asou-whatever is name. :D

Why? Is the fact he failed in Philly a reason we should want him after not wanting him before?

I could see BB giving him a look because under no circumstance do we want Sergio Brown on our regular Defense. Brown cost us two games, one in Buffalo and against the Giants.

I'm hoping they consider bringing him back. He's got to be better than Sergio Brown.

Plus, the Eagles D has been a mess all season. May not have been a fit for them anymore.

Why? Is the fact he failed in Philly a reason we should want him after not wanting him before?

I think the fact we expected the JAGS we have now to actually develop into NFL caliber players led to the release of Page, Meriweather, and Sanders….all of which I'd welcome back with open arms.

I could see BB giving him a look because under no circumstance do we want Sergio Brown on our regular Defense. Brown cost us two games, one in Buffalo and against the Giants.
No. Brown made bad plays in those 2 games, he didn't 'cost us the games'

He played well for us last year, i have no idea why he failed in PHI, could be a system thing or better players in front of him, he won't have the latter problem here...

I'm hoping they consider bringing him back. He's got to be better than Sergio Brown.

Plus, the Eagles D has been a mess all season. May not have been a fit for them anymore.

Especially with their $150Mill cover Corners.:D

Sergio Brown has a better likelihood of being handed a UPS uniform than an NFL jersey next year. I feel sad for him.

He played decent here - i belive he wasnt as good in Philly due to "coaching" and "system" issues......

Didnt he play for KC before us? Oh the timing!

You want Page over Sergio Brown......seriously

Asomugha is not having a great year either for the Eagles.....sometimes another team just doesn't work out as expected.

No. Brown made bad plays in those 2 games, he didn't 'cost us the games'

AJ i think many around here would beg to differ...in loved the sideline shots of Sergio Brown Sunday Night.:D

I think the fact we expected the JAGS we have now to actually develop into NFL caliber players led to the release of Page, Meriweather, and Sanders….all of which I'd welcome back with open arms.
I understand your point, but Meriwhether is not here because BB doesnt want him on this football team, and I doubt that changed.
Sanders IMO showed up out of shape, so maybe in shape he'd get another chance.
I saw nothing out of Page when he was here that makes me think there is any reason to want him back, other than there is an S after his name, which isn't good enough IMO, and the Eagles seem to concur.

AJ i think many around here would beg to differ...in loved the sideline shots of Sergio Brown Sunday Night.:D
The number of people sharing an opinion is not what determines whether its right or wrong, you should have learned that last week.
To single out one or two plays as 'cost us the game' is foolish.

He played well for us last year, i have no idea why he failed in PHI, could be a system thing or better players in front of him, he won't have the latter problem here...
I was unimpressed with him in the few snaps he played.

I would bring him in for a workout and see what he has to offer.

I understand your point, but Meriwhether is not here because BB doesnt want him on this football team, and I doubt that changed.
Sanders IMO showed up out of shape, so maybe in shape he'd get another chance.
I saw nothing out of Page when he was here that makes me think there is any reason to want him back, other than there is an S after his name, which isn't good enough IMO, and the Eagles seem to concur.

Some of our current (S) have CB in front of their names... If Chung is hurt for any prolong period of time having someone back there who has an idea of the defense would only help a secondary full of dudes who haven't been here that long. I'm ecstatic with the win over the Jets, but honestly how much credibility does a win over the Sanchez lead jets give this secondary? Not much to me...

Not to mention as bad as Page may have been in PHI our secondary has been worse

I would bring him in for a workout and see what he has to offer.

exactly, it doesnt hurt. especially when the safety position is our weakest position on the defense and barrett now out.

if someone like Moore can play decently you have to imagine someone with more talent like Page can at least offer more

It's possible the Eagles released Page b/c of injuries at WR, with a plan to bring him back when those injuries subside. I say snatch him up. The idea that we can't use Jarrard Page in our secondary is silly. Of course we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3