PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duron Harmon: The Closer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmon has been a quiet but solid player so far and yes he does have a knack for getting those late INT's to secure wins. I like him, pretty reliable player.

Harmon could start in this league and has great hands. IDK if i ever have seen him drop an interception chance. That being said his mental lapses make me pull my hair out. Harmon had a chance to be the hero of superbowl 49. On that crazy catch late in the 4th he was right by the guy when the ball was knocked up in the air. Instead of doing anything (batting it away or trying to catch it) he just jumped over the player and basically did everything he could not to interfere with his catch.

I have seen a few plays like that where he just seems to think he is still in college or gives up on the play early. He could have iced the game there without us needing that Butler pick. So while i like what i see from him on the whole and would not cut him it is always in the back of my mind he might make a mental lapse in a close game like that.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I got a Harmon signed photo inscribed "The Int before Malcolm"

Harmon could start in this league and has great hands. IDK if i ever have seen him drop an interception chance. That being said his mental lapses make me pull my hair out. Harmon had a chance to be the hero of superbowl 49. On that crazy catch late in the 4th he was right by the guy when the ball was knocked up in the air. Instead of doing anything (batting it away or trying to catch it) he just jumped over the player and basically did everything he could not to interfere with his catch.

I have seen a few plays like that where he just seems to think he is still in college or gives up on the play early. He could have iced the game there without us needing that Butler pick. So while i like what i see from him on the whole and would not cut him it is always in the back of my mind he might make a mental lapse in a close game like that.

I had the same thought when I saw it during the Super Bowl, but watching it again, Harmon really had no chance to knock the ball away or intercept it. The way he would have needed to contort his body while running at full speed and where he was at the time the catch was made would have essentially defied the laws of physics. He's a really, really good player and could start for any team in the league, but he isn't superhuman.

I like Harmon a lot think he could be starting on a number of teams problem is he is stuck behind a top 5 FS in McCourty. I would be really happy if he wanted to stay on a 3 million a year contract but I think some one blows him away with a 6 million to be the starter and he would be stupid not to take it. I think he might even be worth that just not to the pats so I will wish him good luck and hope he plays well against everyone that isn't us.

Most people have Harmon gone but Id guess he can still stay if BB can help it.
He is not a starter here but he still played over 50% of snaps (70% in playoff game vs HOU) despite no injuries on Pats secondary which is uncanny.

His market value is a ? There are lots of starting S available in FA this year and very good and deep draft position.

His value to Pats is also a ?. I have no doubt BB values him highly and would easily pay him above 3M. The problem is McCourty's cap hit bumps up almost 6M next year (plus Chung's over 1M) so it will be difficult to justify 3-5 M more on the same position - since Pats take balance in position investment quite seriously.

Its sort of like Brady - Garoppolo Q.

On the other side Richards is not coming along as envisioned and if one S gets injured he gets to be the starter and Im not sure BB would be comfortable with that. Its hard to know what they think of Ebner, King stepping up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes