PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duron Harmon: The Closer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this idea for a thread in a while. Good that someone actually noticed and has written an article about it. He has come up huge as the finisher in a a lot of games especially that Ravens game in 2014.

I have had this idea for a thread in a while. Good that someone actually noticed and has written an article about it. He has come up huge as the finisher in a a lot of games especially that Ravens game in 2014.
I was holding my breath when flacco threw that, I was so confident we were going to win that year. Even though I knew the Ravens were going to be tough, I never envisioned having to come from behind like that

After Harmon picked off assweiler I had just mentioned in pats chat that Harmon probably has the most 4th quarter INT's on the team since he joined the league.

I figured he was up there among the league best but I didn't realize he was #1. Harmon's a solid free safety. I love having him back there in obvious pass situations. I wonder if he'll re-sign with the Pats.

so in a close game, if Harmon gets an INT in the 4th, I should just go ahead and book hotel and ticket to the game in Houston?

Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy are considered a deity by many.. but I really like our defensive backfield as we enter the third round of the tournament.. they do not get enough credit. Harmon is a big part of it..

He does seem to get the ball in key situations but most of them are right to him. He's the safety who seems to end up near the desperation throws.

Uh, no, Peg.

290222.jpg

He does seem to get the ball in key situations but most of them are right to him. He's the safety who seems to end up near the desperation throws.

When a deep safety "just seems to end up near the ball," that's a great sign about his overall play. Belichick once did a great breakdown of one of Harmon's interceptions that shows that. Start at 4:20 in this video:

Belichick Breakdown: Week 1 vs. Steelers

From what we saw during the tv broadcast it was a total "gimme" interception -- Harmon was the only one near the ball, it came right to him. But the all-22 view showed how he read the play perfectly, took a great angle and covered a ton of ground to make it happen.

He's the sandman.

Was thinking this too. I think the reason it goes under appreciated is because the balls are sort of easy interceptions where he's at the right place at the right time. But you do have to do your job to be in the right spot to make the pick so I won't beat him up too much for it

I like Harmon a lot think he could be starting on a number of teams problem is he is stuck behind a top 5 FS in McCourty. I would be really happy if he wanted to stay on a 3 million a year contract but I think some one blows him away with a 6 million to be the starter and he would be stupid not to take it. I think he might even be worth that just not to the pats so I will wish him good luck and hope he plays well against everyone that isn't us.

Seems to me that he's just a total ball hawk. He's often in the game in the 4th when the other team needs to throw to score - he has a nose for the ball, the other team makes a desperation throw and he capitalizes, again and again.

He's gonna get paid for that skill, I think.

Isn't this Harmon's last year we might need to resign him because Jordan Richards even after year two still don't have a clue.:rolleyes:

Teams get desperate in the fourth quarter and chuck it up. Harmon takes advantage.
Obviously, but it's always Harmon "taking advantage."

That's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back