PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer Butler

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I see a ton of talk from fans about draft picks for Jimmy vs keeping him for 10 plus years, we all know the drill. Or eventually moving onto Brissett. One thing overlooked in these exchanges is durability.

Durability rarely comes up. It's as if we haven't just watched an absolute IRON MAN of the highest order tough it out at QB for this team the last 15 plus years. Drew was tough too, we all remember the finger games. Not to mention the other injuries I'm sure he toughed out without any of us knowing ever existed and still performed. He had to basically almost die of internal bleeding before Brady took his job.

Garoppolo has played one game and a half, and looked fantastic. Got hurt. Brissett has played about the same in real game situations and has done very well. Got hurt. Of course how severe these injuries are is still up for debate. Point being, small sample size.

These tough bastards are hard to find. I'm not saying either of these young men aren't tough, because if you go out there and compete at this level you are tougher than most. Just saying it takes a special kind of toughness to string together a long NFL career. We have yet to make that determination on both of these guys.

Just food for thought, and props to these guys for what they have done. Any long term starter in the NFL is dealing with way more pain wise than any fan will ever imagine.

I can't wait for our IRON MAN to come back. Something special in the air this year I think.

Wasn't this brady's nick name once upon a time

images.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results