PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy: Brady 6th best QB since 1978

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norv Turner:

If Peyton Manning had New England's defenses, he would be at the top of this list and he would be 5-2 or 6-1 in Super Bowls.

Oh really? That's a very interesting insight by one of the most comical coaches in NFL history. I'm sure given seven Super Bowl games, Manning would have done just as well, if not better, than Brady.

Try this: If any quarterback in the NFL had played in the postseason for the 2006 Colts or the 2015 Broncos, they would have won the Super Bowl in each of those two seasons.

IMG_4217.jpg

What a friggin dumb statement by Norv.

Brady beats Seattle throwing darts in between Seattle's cover 3 to Thomas, Decker, Welker, Julius, etc. We saw him do it the year after with worse weapons. Not lose 43-8.

Not sure Brady loses to the Saints either throwing to Wayne, Garcon & Clark.

Manning fanboys are the worst.

Aaron Rodgers has one more 4th quarter comeback in his career than Matt Cassell. Derek Carr already has 2 more. Matthew Stafford had 2 fewer than Rodgers' career total In 2016 Alone

In other words, Rodgers is a front-runner, and is the least-clutch starting QB since 2008.

“It can be tough to separate the great quarterback from the great coach,” Dungy said. “I don’t think Bill Belichick would be Bill Belichick without Tom Brady, and Brady would not have the same success without Belichick and the way they have put that team together.
So he's basically saying that if he was a better coach, Peyton would have been a better QB/won more games?

Does his line of thinking apply to Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson? Kobe/Shaq and Jackson? Montana and Bill Walsh? Gretzky and Glenn Sather? Russell and Red Auerbach?

You could do this for most all-time greats, Dungy.

Last edited:
So he's basically saying that if he was a better coach, Peyton would have been a better QB/won more games?

Gruden: "But I won a SB with the team you put together, Tony."
gruden.gif

What Pats fans need to realize is that we've won. Not just the games and the titles, but the verdict of history itself, because it's already decided. 5 rings > all other arguments, because at the end of the day everyone has to bow to the argument of championships or be declared a chump.

The holdouts we're getting so mad at are just fighting a rearguard action against the very march of history itself. They might as well appeal against a thunderstorm as against the verdict of 5 rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes