PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duke Dawson

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. Rowe was considerably weaker than Jones. Has been since last season.

Dawson replacing Jones by the post-season? Maybe. Jones may be even better by then.

Either way, it would be very good to have another competent DB with the versatility to play the middle or a boundary. I'm hoping that Jackson can come along in the meantime, too.
Both Jackson and Jones are developing so excited to see what happens there. Rowe has had some difficulty to be sure, but so has DMac. My guess is that personnel stay as they are for now. I suspect things will look different come playoffs.

Last edited:
I think d McCourty has lost two steps and is a complete liability in coverage.

That said Dawson is almost a complete unknown at this point in his career.

The less Rowe sees of the field, the better our secondary!

Both Jackson and Jones are developing so excited to see there. Rowe has had some difficulty to be sure, but so has DMac. My guess is that personepe stay as they are for now. I suspect things will look different come playoffs.

For me, the thing about Rowe is that his "difficulties" have been ongoing for quite awhile.

In 2016, his first season with the Pats and only his second season in the league, he looked pretty raw in coverage, even later in the year. I wrote that off to his youth, and the fact that he missed some development time (7 games) to various injuries. I was willing to cut him slack base on "potential" - his length and measured athleticism. Then, last season, he seemed to regress (Jones was already more effective and consistent) - and he also missed 8 games to a groin injury.

So, I was hoping that Rowe could stay healthy enough this season to finally develop and settle into at least a rotational role. But, here we are again - with him underperforming Jones and now sidelined with another groin injury.

In contrast, DMac has been a solid pro for 8 years playing all sorts of different coverage roles. He's also missed only 5 games to injury during his career. So, he had a bad game on Thursday night and, sure, he probably doesn't have the elite CoD and closing speed he had as a rookie (though he's still not really "slow"). I'm far more confident in his ability to bounce back and overcome his "difficulties" than I am with Rowe.

I think Rowe may still have the potential to be a solid DB, but he may have a better chance to achieve that in a different system on another team.

I think d McCourty has lost two steps and is a complete liability in coverage.

Please point out a couple of scenes where he is actually slow because despite looking through all the ones where he was beat inside the rewatch thread there was nothing there that showcased that popular narrative.

Last edited:
I have never used the "ignore" feature but that does not mean that I do not ignore certain posters.

I will abstain from naming names but of course there are some guys that only post here to gum up the works and make it hard for the rest of us to enjoy the forum.

As I mentioned somewhere else, there are some threads where the squeaky wheels get the most grease. If everyone used the same tactics as you we wouldn't have to wade through all of the bs. It's like seeing Max Kellerman quotes or the Mort Distort for 31 ( that's 24/7 for those who never watched Two and a Half Men).

When you see SIX disagrees before you even open the thread...you know it's going to be a twelve car pile-up, but you just can't look away.

I’d really love to beat the sh*t out of the OP. Douche-bag says what?

I don't believe Bentley's injury will allow him to return. Reiss wrote last week the only two eligible to return that he heard would also be physically able to were Burkhead and Dawson.
Reiss says today it's a torn bicep. Bentley's not coming back this season from that.

I don't understand why we don't realize this. Dawson MIGHT come back and replace Crossen. Dawson is likely to be fighting Jackson and Rowe for reps (and to be active), if he is even put on the 53 instead left on the IR.

That said Dawson is almost a complete unknown at this point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back