PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duke Dawson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your avatar as well. If I were in your shoes as a grown man, I would be saying the same thing. It is cute though. My daughters would love it.

giphy.gif

Against the Colts:
McCourty: nine catches on 10 targets for 98 yards, two touchdowns, PBU

Against the Dolphins:
McCourty: 1-1, 6 yards, TD

Against the Lions:
1-1, 8 yards

Against Jaguars:
3-3, 35 yards

Against Texans:
2-3, 17 yards

Thursday's game was very poor for him, but the statistics show he has been good enough for the rest of the year.

Remember this one....I think you call this racist:

McCourty went on to make the case for why the district attorney's race matters. "DAs have the power to prosecute and the power to sentence," he told the crowd. "But they also have the power to seek mercy and second chances."

The word race was used once or twice but what was said by McCourty was not racist. Way to try to politicize this and not even get that right. Now go away!

I mourn the minutes wasted reading this thread ...

I mourn the minutes wasted reading this thread ...
I have never used the "ignore" feature but that does not mean that I do not ignore certain posters.

I will abstain from naming names but of course there are some guys that only post here to gum up the works and make it hard for the rest of us to enjoy the forum.

Dawson is backup rookie nickel back who has been injured. He is unlikely to have much influence when and if he comes back. He would probably replace Crossen and likely would be inactive. That being said, I do want him back so that he some 2018 time with the team, with the hope that he can be a contributor in 2019.
He was a second round draft pick. They likely have higher aspirations for him than you do otherwise I don’t see why they’d trade up in round 2 to draft him.

When is Dawson eligible to come off IR? Is it still week 10?

Since he missed the Week-1 game being on IR, he's eligible to return for the Week-9 Sunday Night home game against the Pack.

Also, if I have this right, Dawson is eligible to begin practicing with the team as early as Week-7 (right after the upcoming Chiefs game). However, in order to practice, he must be designated as one of the two returnees.

Others who are eligible to return include:
... Burkhead and Bentley for Week-13
... Hill for Week-10, but highly unlikely with an ACL tear/surgery

So, the Pats will need to understand the evolving prognosis for Burkhead (neck) and Bentley (right arm) versus that for Dawson (hamstring), and also make a calculation as to the potential value of adding an RB, an LB or a DB.

My guess is that the Pats wait on Dawson until Burkhead and Bentley are eligible (and healthy enough) to begin practicing again before making that decision.

I like him if he's a running back.

Since he missed the Week-1 game being on IR, he's eligible to return for the Week-9 Sunday Night home game against the Pack.

Also, if I have this right, Dawson is eligible to begin practicing with the team as early as Week-7 (right after the upcoming Chiefs game). However, in order to practice, he must be designated as one of the two returnees.

Others who are eligible to return include:
... Burkhead and Bentley for Week-13
... Hill for Week-10, but highly unlikely with an ACL tear/surgery

So, the Pats will need to understand the evolving prognosis for Burkhead (neck) and Bentley (right arm) versus that for Dawson (hamstring), and also make a calculation as to the potential value of adding an RB, an LB or a DB.

My guess is that the Pats wait on Dawson until Burkhead and Bentley are eligible (and healthy enough) to begin practicing again before making that decision.
I don't believe Bentley's injury will allow him to return. Reiss wrote last week the only two eligible to return that he heard would also be physically able to were Burkhead and Dawson. They could chose another player if they get hurt soon and Reiss could have been wrong about someone else being able to. But for now it seems those spots are for Dawson and Burkhead.

As far as the little Duke (but Not of Dorchester) is concerned: I preferred Justin Reid instead of him at #63 during the draft, and would obviously still prefer Justin Reid ahead of him now...and throwing away #114 (and the opportunity to draft someone who could've helped such as Maurice Hurst, Shaquem Griffin et al) just to move up 7 spots for this guy, who would've been available if Bill had moved Back 7 spots - or 17, was simply ******ed. Yet another 2nd-round DB Bust.

I liked Dawson in college and he stepped right in during his limited chances to date. Jones is a nice surprise, but he is still the weak link among our CBs. I expect Dawson to be activated and manning the slot come January.

I don't believe Bentley's injury will allow him to return. Reiss wrote last week the only two eligible to return that he heard would also be physically able to were Burkhead and Dawson. They could chose another player if they get hurt soon and Reiss could have been wrong about someone else being able to. But for now it seems those spots are for Dawson and Burkhead.

Must have been a significant injury to Bentley's arm - compound fracture, maybe? (I have no idea.)

Must have been a significant injury to Bentley's arm - compound fracture, maybe? (I have no idea.)
Could have been shoulder surgery. I think we would have noticed a compound fracture. Doesn't sound good regardless.

Bentley seemed healthy in the Patriots locker room following the loss to the Lions. He spoke to NBC Sports Boston's Tom Giles after the game and didn't indicate that he was dealing with any type of long-term health issue.
Pats lose Burkhead and Bentley, add Barner and Simon

Last edited:
I liked Dawson in college and he stepped right in during his limited chances to date. Jones is a nice surprise, but he is still the weak link among our CBs. I expect Dawson to be activated and manning the slot come January.

IDK. Rowe was considerably weaker than Jones. Has been since last season.

Dawson replacing Jones by the post-season? Maybe. Jones may be even better by then.

Either way, it would be very good to have another competent DB with the versatility to play the middle or a boundary. I'm hoping that Jackson can come along in the meantime, too.

As far as the little Duke (but Not of Dorchester) is concerned: I preferred Justin Reid instead of him at #63 during the draft, and would obviously still prefer Justin Reid ahead of him now...and throwing away #114 (and the opportunity to draft someone who could've helped such as Maurice Hurst, Shaquem Griffin et al) just to move up 7 spots for this guy, who would've been available if Bill had moved Back 7 spots - or 17, was simply ******ed. Yet another 2nd-round DB Bust.
Maurice Hurst has a significant heart issue and Dawson hasn't even had the opportunity to showcase his skills yet. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back