PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duke Dawson Returned To Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If on 9/7 it was asked when Dawson was eligible to play in a game how many who have said Week 10?

What is the basis for Week 10?

I'd guess that some people were confused about which week to count as the first of the eight - as in, being on the roster after cutdowns = he was on the roster for week-1, ergo, week-2 was the first of the eight.

LOL! Probably not, especially since they were drafted a year apart. But that's what I got from draftscout.com. I think. I should probably double-check, shouldn't I? :)

I looked it up, and according to Wikipedia, JMac actually did a lot better at most pre-draft workouts than his brother. However, Jason's numbers are from his Rutgers pro day which may have been more generous whereas Devin's were from the combine.

I'd guess that some people were confused about which week to count as the first of the eight - as in, being on the roster after cutdowns = he was on the roster for week-1, ergo, week-2 was the first of the eight.

But Dawson was already on IR when the Patriots played the Texans Week 1.

But Dawson was already on IR when the Patriots played the Texans Week 1.

I know, and a lot of others understand that the game is what counts. But I believe that there are others who think of the entire week leading up to the game as "Week-1". Thus, if a player is on the roster at any point during that week, it doesn't count as a week on IR.

I'm not agreeing with them. I'm just explaining the mechanism for how people may have made the error.

I'm not entirely certain. I think it's the same as for a guy coming off PUP - 21 days before they need to make a decision to activate him to the 53-man (and cut someone to make room) or leave him on IR.

Either way, Dawson is eligible to be activated for the game @TEN on November 11.

How Should Patriots Fill Vacant Spot On 53-Man Roster Before Week 9 Game?

"Dawson was placed on injured reserve prior to Week 1 but returned to practice last Wednesday and can be activated prior to Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers, a Patriots spokesperson told NESN.com"

The Patriots spokesman confirmed what I have been tweeting about Dawson.

How Should Patriots Fill Vacant Spot On 53-Man Roster Before Week 9 Game?

"Dawson was placed on injured reserve prior to Week 1 but returned to practice last Wednesday and can be activated prior to Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers, a Patriots spokesperson told NESN.com"

The Patriots spokesman confirmed what I have been tweeting about Dawson.

Thank you. I intended to type "required" rather than "eligible", however. But even that's actually incorrect, isn't it? If I'm counting the days correctly, the Pats are required to activate Dawson no later than 11-13 (the Titans game is on 11-11).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back