PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dugger status

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Any update on why he wasn't activated? I haven't read anything about his two negative tests requirement not being met.

There's evidence that he is vaccinated but maybe that's not the case and he has to be out until next week.

I'm guessing he either has to be unvaccinated or experiencing actual, significant symptoms. Neither would be great.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I'm guessing he either has to be unvaccinated or experiencing actual, significant symptoms. Neither would be great.
Could be vaccinated and asymptomatic but still testing positive.

very fortunate he's the only one

You can be vaccinated and still get it. I know about a dozen people right now who are, most at worse suffering through the sniffles and maybe a loss of taste. If you have it you can't play. Just the time to get over it.

Plus supposedly, once you have it, you test positive for at least 3 months, per the dr.s office, so unless they use some other test, I am not sure how they know you are over it.

If he tested positive over the weekend it’s not a shock he hasnt already tested negative.

There's another and more plausible scenario:

BB didn't want to deal with the gametime uncertainty, so once Dugger went onto the COVID list, BB just went ahead and gameplanned without him.

And especially considering the bad weather- he may have considered that Allen would not have had the luxury of dealing with a wide open field and this one time, they could afford to lose Dugger.

Could be vaccinated and asymptomatic but still testing positive.
He could be vaccinated and suffering the full blown systems anyway.

You can be vaccinated and still get it. I know about a dozen people right now who are, most at worse suffering through the sniffles and maybe a loss of taste. If you have it you can't play. Just the time to get over it.

Plus supposedly, once you have it, you test positive for at least 3 months, per the dr.s office, so unless they use some other test, I am not sure how they know you are over it.

That last part isn't true at all. I had COVID and didn't test positive at all after 3 days.
You will usually test positive for the antibodies for a while, but that's very individualized.

If he's not vaccinated, he (and the Pats) are in serious trouble for breaking league protocol in interviews.

If you test positive, you're probably sitting for a week because you won't likely suddenly test negative.

That last part isn't true at all. I had COVID and didn't test positive at all after 3 days.
You will usually test positive for the antibodies for a while, but that's very individualized.
Not a doctor, don't claim to be, just what the Dr. told me.

From google.

How long can you test positive for COVID-19?
People who have recovered from COVID-19 can continue to test positive for up to 3 months after their infection.

Not a doctor, don't claim to be, just what the Dr. told me.

From google.

How long can you test positive for COVID-19?
People who have recovered from COVID-19 can continue to test positive for up to 3 months after their infection.

What you did here is classic spreading of misinformation (probably unintentionally). Your doc said "can continue to test positive." You said "you test positive" i.e "might" vs. "always."

I tested positive for 3 weeks after getting COVID. Just like any kind of virus, it affects everyone a little differently.

Dugger could/should be good to go... as long as he doesn't get his COVID advice from AB. :oops: :p

JJ Taylor ?
Good catch, totally forgot about him. I was thinking of other players in the secondary....on second thought, I will rid myself of these thoughts.

What you did here is classic spreading of misinformation (probably unintentionally). Your doc said "can continue to test positive." You said "you test positive" i.e "might" vs. "always."
What you did was say I was completely wrong, which obviously was false. I left out the "can" on my phone. The rest is simply you being a DB and rather than admitting fault, trying to shift the blame. GFY

Unless he is really sick, he will be off COVID protocol long before the Indy game. The max you are on it is ten days.

Sean Davis back to practice squad. Good sign for Dugger?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back