PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe's top 10 Patriots games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the last game of the 93-94 season. We all thought the team was moving to Saint Louis. I was at that game and the stadium was insane. I remember the paddy wagons full with rowdy fans who where inside rocking back and forth trying to tip them over. What a great game and amazing comeback. OT winner was a TD in our end zone. You used to be able to walk up and get great seats the week or day of the game. Those crappy Pats teams always played tough at the end of the season even when they had nothing to play for.

He nearly handed ( Porter dropped a pick six) Pitt the AFCCG at the end. He seemed off.

I still wonder if they still win SB 36 with him starting.

You could argue Tony Eason was a better playoff QB than Drew Bledsoe.
Bledsoe was 3-3...too lazy to look up Eason, but he won all 3 road games in 85, lost the SB, then I think he lost a div rd in Denver in 86 so maybe he was 3-2...so, better than Drew Baby (channeling Butch from the Cape:p)

He nearly handed ( Porter dropped a pick six) Pitt the AFCCG at the end. He seemed off.

I still wonder if they still win SB 36 with him starting.
No way they beat the Rams with Bledsoe at qb.

Bedsoe's greatest game was the one where he let Mo Lewis smash his ribs like a Sherman tank...great play! Thank's Drewpy!

Why does every time we have a Bledsoe thread it always ends up with Patriots ''fans'' having the need to belittle what he did ?

Without Bledsoe, this team is probably moving to St-Louis in 1994. I'm not sure Kraft would have paid a record sum for a lowly franchise without any star player.

It seems that 16 years after the great Brady vs Bledsoe '01 debate, we are still require to make a choice. Like saying Bledsoe was good is taking something away from Brady. I agree that the 2001 AFC Championship shouldn't be in a top 10 'great' game (not even near it), but geez, we still made it to the Super Bowl. And Bledsoe had a great long deep ball that would have been a TD (and put the game away) which Patten just dropped...but this doesn't ever get mentioned. How spoiled are we as fans to be able to harshly criticize the performance of a backup QB who did enough to get the team to a Super Bowl appearance ?

Brady is the greatest ever, and he had a great final drive in SB36 to win it all. Nobody can ever take that away from him. But the Brady from 2001 wasn't the Brady from 2007, or even from 2002. He threw only 3 TD passes in his final 8 games in 2001 (last 5 regular season games + 3 playoff games)...so having Bledsoe coming in, cold from the bench, and throwing a TD pass in the AFC Championship shouldn't just be discarded as being some random touchdown.

Alright, with this out of the way, my favorite Drew game was the 1993 finale against Miami. I expected that game to be the final one in New England, so I recorded it...and what a game it was ! I've been recording games ever since.

Another game that hasn't been mentioned is the 1994 game in Buffalo. The Pats needed to win to get to the playoffs, and the Bills (without Kelly) also needed to win in order to get to the playoffs, trying to get to the Super Bowl for a 5th consecutive year. They were quickly down 17-3 but came back to win 41-17, and save the world from a possible Bills' 5th straight Super Bowl loss.

your #1 game, 98 vs Bills, was one of the main reasons they implemented instant replay. On the last series of the game Jefferson was credited with a fourth down catch even though his feet definitely didn't come down in bounds.

Another fun fact about this game....the Bills were so disgusted by the game changing DPI that they didn't stick around for the extra point.....so Vinatieri ran it in for a two point conversion

So many great memories highlighted in this thread. Drew was in fact a a warrior however he almost forced me to retire early. As mentioned he was at least 6'-5 and had a hard time buying into my mantra.

Also love Drew. I wondered why no playoff games were in top 10 besides 2001 relief appereance...

Looking at his career playoffs record is not pretty at all...

51%, 6 TDs - 12 INTs 54.9 passer rating.

4 games with 2 int or more in 6 starts...

I still love him, he had a very good career but you can see why BB would prefer Brady. Even if was not doing that great, he was more efficient for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes