PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dream scenario for Lynch’s return

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that Lynch has signed to return with the Seahawks I’ve been thinking about a long-shot dream SB scenario...

Fourth quarter, seconds left, Pats up by four with the ‘Hawks driving, time for one, maybe two plays, with goal to go inside the five. Sounds familiar?

Except this time Pete learns from past experience, calls a run to Lynch. And he gets stuffed by Guy and the rest of the Boogeymen. Clock expires, Pats win.

What are the chances? How sweet would that be?

Or we could be up by 21 with 5 minutes left so I don’t shave 5 years off my life even February.
Be realistic, that February actuarial impact is part f the price we pay for being in so many big games every year.

What are the chances? Very low.
How sweet would that be? Mildly amusing maybe, but basically not sweet at all. You do realize the Patriots won SB49 right? We have nothing to get revenge for.

You underestimate the haters. They would call Pete stupid for going to an over-the-hill running back, like they call him stupid in SB 49 for not going to him in his prime, and claim that the Patriots have all the luck.

You underestimate the haters. They would call Pete stupid for going to an over-the-hill running back, like they call him stupid in SB 49 for not going to him in his prime, and claim that the Patriots have all the luck.
“NOW he decides to run the ball”
No desire to relive the moments leading up to the Butler interception in real time. That was a very dark moment

IDK - my dream scenario is for the Pats to win the SB, no matter who the opponents on the way there, and for the return of Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks not to matter one iota in my dream scenario...

Stop living in the past, man.

I would prefer seeing Jimmy against Brady. The story lines would be endless and if Pats won, that would be the ultimate prize for Brady, it would prove all the people that wanted JG over Brady wrong !!
I'd think two out of three SB's and a regular season MVP already did that though.

Now that Lynch has signed to return with the Seahawks I’ve been thinking about a long-shot dream SB scenario...

Fourth quarter, seconds left, Pats up by four with the ‘Hawks driving, time for one, maybe two plays, with goal to go inside the five. Sounds familiar?

Except this time Pete learns from past experience, calls a run to Lynch. And he gets stuffed by Guy and the rest of the Boogeymen. Clock expires, Pats win.

What are the chances? How sweet would that be?
Or, Pete stubbornly calls the same pass play only this time JC Jackson intercepts it.

Last edited:
This story would be better if Eli Manning was the running back

There are better dream scenarios this post season............

The top has to be a Brady vs Jimmy Super Bowl......I mean, could you imagine?

The next would be beating another Hall of Fame QB like Rodgers or Brees.

Or we could be up by 21 with 5 minutes left so I don’t shave 5 years off my life every February.

Man, shave it down to 2 minutes and I can breathe. I always keep things in perspective by considering the Patriots accomplishments. We scored 3 TD's in 60 seconds against the Jets in 2012. We then scored 3 TD's in 57 seconds against the Bears in 2014.

It's hard when your team has basically pushed football to its limit, so you're all too aware of how any scenario can go bad, given the fact that we've mainly taken advantage of those scenarios.

Or, Pete stubbornly calls the same pass play only this time JC Jackson intercepts it.
I don't care who intercepts it. I just want to see the non-Patriots fanbases go apoplectic over a replay of that scenario.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes